You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-25 04:31:03

schome1

error: archive kdelibs-3.2.2-2.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted

I am trying to install kde with the command pacman -Sy kde.  When I get to kdelibs, it gives me this error

error: archive kdelibs-3.2.2-2.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted

I read that I should remove it by issuing this command

rm /var/cache/pacman/pkg/kdebase-3.2.2-1.pkg.tar.gz

but that hasn't proven to work.  I still get the first error.  I have updated the system with pacman -Syu several times.  Any ideas?

#2 2004-05-25 04:41:55

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: error: archive kdelibs-3.2.2-2.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted

Well, an understanding of the problem is a good idea.

The cached file that pacman downloaded is corrupt.  Pacman told you the filename was kdelibs-3.2.2-2.pkg.tar.gz.  It would make sense that you'd need to remove the kdelibs-3.2.2-2.pkg.tar.gz from your cache so that pacman can download a non-corrupted one, yes?

How does running rm /var/cache/pacman/pkg/kdebase-3.2.2-1.pkg.tar.gz help with that?  Don't you think that running rm /var/cache/pacman/pkg/kdebase-3.2.2-2.pkg.tar.gz would probably work better?

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-05-27 11:33:33

schome1

Re: error: archive kdelibs-3.2.2-2.pkg.tar.gz is corrupted

Thanks for pointing this out to me  smile.  I looked and looked and couldn't find what I was doing wrong.  As it turns out, both packages were corrupted, I was just not removing both, always one by pressing the up arrow key to get my last rm command.

So I ran the rm commands on both packages, then did pacman -Sy kde and everything worked fine.

Thanks for the help :!:

Board footer