You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-07 07:08:00

HighD

Certain files & folders...

It seems i can't read some of my files & folders on my ntfs partition (i use ntfs-3g), i figured out it was because they have certain characters like "á" "é" or "ñ", i mean i can read them from windows but from arch, they just dissappear!, is there any way I can fix this issue? Do I need to regenerate locales on my system?

Thanks in advance for the help big_smile

"...Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be..."
George Sheehan quotes (American physician, author and running enthusiast, 1918 - 1993)

#2 2007-09-07 09:12:13

SlodS

Re: Certain files & folders...

You need to mount this partition with appropriate locale= option. In your case it's probably es_ES-UTF-8, so mount will look like this:

ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/win -o locale=es_ES.UTF-8

or entry in fstab:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/win ntfs-3g locale=es_ES.UTF-8  0 0

Add other options you need and it should work as you want. If it's still wrong look at your locales, http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Locale
And... man ntfs-3g is your friend, you should get to know him better wink Good luck.

#3 2007-09-12 05:06:51

HighD

Re: Certain files & folders...

Thanks SlodS, it worked perfectly. Thanks also for the advice big_smile, I'll try it.

"...Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be..."
George Sheehan quotes (American physician, author and running enthusiast, 1918 - 1993)

Board footer