You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-10 17:42:25

Trip

OpenOffice 2.2 and KDE Support (doenst work)

Hello everybody,

I have a small problem with my current ArchLinux Installtion... And i dont know whats is wrong with my system... I try to use openoffice with kde/qt look and feel... But i wont work, and i dont know why...First i tryd to start my oo with the command

export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=kde && soffice

But nothing happens... My OpenOffice looks like the Windows 98 Version, and this is ugly and i have big problem to read the Dialogboxes... And the scroolbar, Save / Open Dialog and every other Stuff looks crazy...
For test, i put this command (without && soffice) into my rc.local or/and into my .bashrc.... But nothing happens...

The most crazy thing is, that if i enter "gnome" into the string OO starts with native GTK Toolkit? What is wrong...

My Systemconfig is: ArchLinux "Dont Panic" with community, extra und current opend in pacman... No testing , unstable oder aur packages installed....I am useing Kdemod 3.5.7 wink I hope someone can help my it makes my crazzzy...

THX for Help

Christian

Sry for my bad english... I tried to post into the german Formus, but nobody could help me... sad

#2 2007-09-12 15:06:26

mutlu_inek

Re: OpenOffice 2.2 and KDE Support (doenst work)

I think OpenOffice is simply built without the qt support. IIRC the maintainer (AndyRTR, who also maintains the x64 arch) is a Gnome user.

#3 2007-09-12 18:41:25

Trip

Hi!

Thx for your Help! I think it is true...Ive tried to Build OpenOffice by Hand... But i got many Strange Error Massages if i want to compile OpenOffice...by PKGBUILD from AUR....

Making: ../unxlngi6.pro/lib/libvclplug_kde680li.so
g++ -Wl,-z,noexecstack -Wl,-z,combreloc -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,-rpath,'$ORIGIN' -Wl,--hash-style=both -shared -L../unxlngi6.pro/lib -L../lib -L/home/cs/bin/pkg/openoffice-devel/openoffice-devel/src/OOo2/solenv/unxlngi6/lib -L/home/cs/bin/pkg/openoffice-devel/openoffice-devel/src/OOo2/solver/680/unxlngi6.pro/lib -L/home/cs/bin/pkg/openoffice-devel/openoffice-devel/src/OOo2/solenv/unxlngi6/lib -L/opt/java/lib -L/opt/java/jre/lib/i386 -L/opt/java/jre/lib/i386/client -L/opt/java/jre/lib/i386/native_threads -L/usr/lib -L/opt/mozilla/lib/xulrunner ../unxlngi6.pro/slo/vclplug_kde_dflt_version.o -o ../unxlngi6.pro/lib/libvclplug_kde680li.so ../unxlngi6.pro/slo/kdedata.o ../unxlngi6.pro/slo/salnativewidgets-kde.o -L/opt/kde/lib -L/opt/qt/lib -lkdeui -lkdecore -lqt-mt -lvclplug_gen680li -lvcl680li -lpsp680li -ltl680li -lvos3gcc3 -luno_sal -lX11 -lXext -ldl -lpthread -lm
rm -f ../unxlngi6.pro/lib/check_libvclplug_kde680li.so
mv ../unxlngi6.pro/lib/libvclplug_kde680li.so ../unxlngi6.pro/lib/check_libvclplug_kde680li.so
/home/cs/bin/pkg/openoffice-devel/openoffice-devel/src/OOo2/solenv/bin/checkdll.sh -L../unxlngi6.pro/lib -L../lib -L/home/cs/bin/pkg/openoffice-devel/openoffice-devel/src/OOo2/solenv/unxlngi6/lib -L/home/cs/bin/pkg/openoffice-devel/openoffice-devel/src/OOo2/solver/680/unxlngi6.pro/lib -L/home/cs/bin/pkg/openoffice-devel/openoffice-devel/src/OOo2/solenv/unxlngi6/lib -L/opt/java/lib -L/opt/java/jre/lib/i386 -L/opt/java/jre/lib/i386/client -L/opt/java/jre/lib/i386/native_threads -L/usr/lib -L/opt/mozilla/lib/xulrunner ../unxlngi6.pro/lib/check_libvclplug_kde680li.so
Checking DLL ../unxlngi6.pro/lib/check_libvclplug_kde680li.so ...: ERROR: libkdeui.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dmake: Error code 1, while making '../unxlngi6.pro/lib/libvclplug_kde680li.so'
-* tg_merge.mk *-

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /home/cs/bin/pkg/openoffice-devel/openoffice-devel/src/OOo2/vcl/util
dmake: Error code 1, while making 'build_instsetoo_native'
-* *-
==> ERROR: Build Failed. Aborting...
[cs@trip openoffice-devel]$

After this "mistake" i tried to install the 2.3 from testing... But it doenst help....
Could someone build me a Package with enabled kde? I will help me very much!

THX everyone!

#4 2007-09-12 19:00:15

Pierre
Developer
Website

We allready discussed this at http://forum.archlinux.de/?page=Posting … hread=6755. OOo works fine with KDE and uses the QT theme. Are aou still using kdemod? Use official KDE packages and it should work as expected.

#5 2007-09-19 11:49:23

Si

Does KDE integration also include KDE's file selection dialog? Because OOo 2.2 doesn't for me, but the look and feel definitely works fine. I've noticed Kubuntu's OOo does use KDE's file selection dialog, is it something extra they did?

I haven't got around to try OOo 2.3 out, internet bandwidth is precious in New Zealand  tongue

#6 2007-09-19 12:47:51

funkyou
Website

Pierre wrote:

We allready discussed this at http://forum.archlinux.de/?page=Posting … hread=6755. OOo works fine with KDE and uses the QT theme.

...and i also wrote in this thread that OOo works fine on my KDEmod installation. Here is, again, a screenshot with OOo 2.3 running: http://www.kdemod.ath.cx/temp/ooo23.jpg

Pierre wrote:

Are aou still using kdemod?

Is there a problem with it? If yes, why dont we know about it?

Pierre wrote:

Use official KDE packages and it should work as expected.

This is not a real solution... Or have you tried it? Also, there is no special "magic" or something with our packages, they are just splitted and have some patches applied. And since the last upgrade the splitting is done in a proper (tm) way with no fancy DO_NOT_COMPILE stuff for example. In fact, with our addition to makepkg we do it in a much cleaner way than most other distributions split their packages... Really, i dont want to say it again:

funkyou wrote:

The patches we apply have no impact on the stability of KDE, and they are used by a lot of those mainstream distributions too... In fact we are even better in this term than, as an example, Kubuntu i think, because we dont ship patches to "improve" the functionality of some apps, but break them by hindsight, as you can see here and here for example.

We just ship some additions and mostly eyecandy patches with it, and every of our patches can also be disabled if you dont like them... Yes, you can have a (99%) vanilla KDE when using KDEmod...

Si wrote:

Does KDE integration also include KDE's file selection dialog? Because OOo 2.2 doesn't for me, but the look and feel definitely works fine. I've noticed Kubuntu's OOo does use KDE's file selection dialog, is it something extra they did?

I think they are using KGtk or something....

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

Board footer