You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-10 20:50:52

ssl6

device mounting question

i wasn't sure what exactly to put for a title. but i have a question in regard to my zen vision being an mtp device

i have mtpfs, but when i connect my zen i have to mount it manually. i was wondering if theres a way i could have it run "mtpfs ~/myfolder" automatically when i connect it.

im not sure if i want to do that, because i do use amarok to sync music, and im not sure if one would lock out the other.

just wondering how i could have it automount to my folder like that

this is a signature

#2 2007-09-10 21:32:25

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: device mounting question

Udev can do that.

#3 2007-09-11 01:41:52

ssl6

k, i'm gonna have to look for some info on udev....this is probly going to be the most technical thing i've done on linux so far.....

but the other thing i thought of, is if i can make a folder in the /media directory so that when i connect my zen it gets mounted there by mtpfs, then maybe amarok will see it like a regular flash based mp3 player instead of an mtp device and still be able to sync to it

this is a signature

#4 2007-09-17 02:00:49

lanrat

I have no idea about zen and mtp devices but if you want some examples of udev rules that you could use just search the forum for keyword udev and my posts (author lanrat). You can use these examples to build your own rules (but first read udev manpage and other docs available on the web).

Board footer