You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-15 21:04:40

ssl6

so i installed Arch 64 bit on my desktop last night

bought a new 400gb hard drive yesterday to install 64bit arch on my desktop. after a bit of cable management when i installed the new drive, got it setup, and ready to bring somewhere else to run updates

so i brought it to a friends house with highspeed this morning. got everything updated. isntalled some programs, most of what i need. have a few things left.

i had to repeat fixing my timezone settings like i did on my test system. copied everything from my last post for that issue. doesnt seem to have taken, but ill figure that out later, im at work right now

but so far i've got most of what i need installed. i need to get my ntfs drive to read, i have ntfs-3g installed though. and i need to setup mtpfs, but i did get gnash, so i have flash support. and i got open office and azureus on so i have something for java.

but so far my impression of it is really good. its fast, i cant get over how fast it is.......its fast

this is a signature

#2 2007-09-17 03:25:38

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: so i installed Arch 64 bit on my desktop last night

ssl6 wrote:

but i did get gnash, so i have flash support.

You can install Adobe's Flash if you want to. You just need nspluginwrapper, nspluginwrapper-flash, and all the lib32 stuff the makepkg complains about when building the latter. If you want to stay purely 64 bit, swfdec is another Flash option. It automatically blocks flash like Firefox's Flash Block extension.

Board footer