You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-17 03:34:26

CocoAUS

ABS issues

Either I suck, or ABS sucks.

I can't get compiz from the repos to work, so I thought I'd try the ABS.  I tried compiz-bcop, but it kept saying it couldn't satisfy dependencies (it wanted compiz, which was already installed, and even if I let it reinstall, it would say it was missing compiz).  Then I tried compiz-git.  This one started working a bit, but after running the make process for a while, it spit out:

checking for COMPIZ... configure: error: Package requirements (x11-xcb          xcomposite               xfixes                  xdamage                 xrandr                  xinerama                ice                     sm             libxml-2.0               libxslt                 libstartup-notification-1.0 >= 0.7) were not met:

No package 'x11-xcb' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables COMPIZ_CFLAGS
and COMPIZ_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

Am I completely messing up, or is this just a common thing with ABS?

#2 2007-09-17 15:05:10

low

Re: ABS issues

it used to be that you needed a special version of libx11 that is built with xcb support, but it seems to have disappeared from aur. try installing fusion-icon-git instead and see what you get.

if it doesn't work, just add this to your pacman.conf (depending on your architecture) and then do "pacman -Sy compiz-fusion compiz-fusion-extra":

[compiz-fusion]
Server = http://arch.nesl247.org/compiz-fusion/<i686 or x86_64>

Last edited by low (2007-09-17 15:17:50)

#3 2007-09-17 15:16:47

FeatherMonkey

Re: ABS issues

Its on testing the wiki has the howto install compiz-fusion.

I had a little problem even though I had testing in my conf, but found pacman -S testing/libx11 worked around it.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Compiz_Fusion

Board footer