You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-19 18:44:01

john_schaf

pm-utils needs tweaking for Arch ?

Hello,

I'm setting up the pm-utils script to do what I want, and I came across strange things :

- the hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/50modules uses "modunload" to unload modules, but this is not an existing command in my system.

- I put my own "50modules" hook in /etc/pm/sleep.d/ and now, when looking at the log-file, it seems that this very hook is called twice...

Is something wrong ?

#2 2007-09-19 20:47:51

Gullible Jones

Re: pm-utils needs tweaking for Arch ?

The list of modules to be unloaded goes in /etc/pm/config.d - you'll have to create the file, try naming it "config" (not sure if that's necessary or not). The documentation is horrendously poor last I checked, but looking at the system config file referenced in it should tell you what to do:

SUSPEND_MODULES="sky2 ath_pci i915"

Or whatever modules you happen to need suspended.

BTW - should there actually be config stuff for pm-utils in /usr/share or wherever? It seems to me that that's kind of stupidly redundant, and the package should just dump all the config stuff in /etc where you know to look for it.

#3 2007-09-20 08:00:18

john_schaf

Re: pm-utils needs tweaking for Arch ?

Yes, I did exactly what you say to handle my "tricky" modules.
but in addition, I wanted to tweak the 50modules script, and then I came across the "run twice bug"...

What about the "modunload" command ??? (see /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/50modules)

The documentation is horrendously poor

I agree with you !

Board footer