You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-19 00:01:33

ColdPie

Can't download updated package databases from nethat.com

This is something of an odd problem.

I have two machines running Arch - my desktop and a server.  Both are using the exact same /etc/pacman.d/ files.  When I run pacman -Syu on my desktop, it downloads the package dbs and updates no problem.  When I run pacman -Syu (through putty) on my server, however, I get the following error for each repository:

error: failed retrieving file 'core.db.tar.gz' from ftp.nethat.com : Not logged in

Then pacman falls back onto other mirrors.  Like I said, I don't get these errors on my desktop which is using the exact same pacman.d files.  Any idea what might be the problem?

#2 2007-09-19 10:44:12

shining
Pacman Developer

Re: Can't download updated package databases from nethat.com

It doesn't work either when you try to access this server using wget or any other ftp clients?

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

#3 2007-09-20 22:44:41

ColdPie

Re: Can't download updated package databases from nethat.com

shining wrote:

It doesn't work either when you try to access this server using wget or any other ftp clients?

I figured out the problem.  You can't download two files from nethat's repo at once.  I guess I was trying to download updates on both machines at the same time and it was giving me errors.

Thanks for the reply smile

Board footer