You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-22 17:29:18

Minio

Psi from AUR -- no XScreenSaver support

Hello everyone

I was using Gentoo, but due to my last issues with it I decided to switch to Arch (I made similar change about a year ago, but due to hard disk error, I switched back to Gentoo... and this switch to Arch completes the circle smile ). I really admited the Psi-gentoo package that I found in AUR, because Psi is my favourite IM (but only highly-patched version, which provides a lot of useful features). So I downloaded PKGBUILD, patches and made

makepkg -si PKGBUILD

But after compiling (it takes a while, though) I realised, that auto-away in Psi works quite weird. It's known issue: Psi detects only mouse activity, so if I'm typing a lot, Psi will change status to away, nevertheless the fact that I didn' go anywhere. To make Psi detect keyboard activity too, it has to be compiled with Xscreensaver support (I think that Psi just asks Xscreensaver, if there is any user activity).

So I pacmaned xscreensaver, made the makepkg -sfi PKGBUILD hoping that it'll compile allright now. But after patching the sources, while running ./configure, I saw

Checking for the XScreenSaver extension ... no

I was really disappointed, but thought "Hey, I was using Psi-Pedrito (this is another patched release of Psi, made by Polishman Pedrito) year ago!" and I'm certainly sure, that I had the same issue, but fixed it somehow. So I downloaded PKGBUILD, made makepkg -si PKGBUILD and... saw the same message: no XScreenSaver support.

Can anyone please tell me how make Psi with Xscreensaver support? Reinstalling that package don't fix the problem. I think that's because I don't have Xscreensaver header files (on other distros usually in -devel package), but how do I get them?

Thanks in advance!

PS. Please don't mind my poor English, I'm native Polish speaker.

#2 2007-09-23 12:33:46

byte

Re: Psi from AUR -- no XScreenSaver support

You probably need libxss (which is a proper dependency for the normal Psi package, btw).

#3 2007-09-23 15:57:33

Minio

Re: Psi from AUR -- no XScreenSaver support

Unfortunetly I can't tell if it helped. Due to power-outage while installing openoffice, pacman started to output a lot of errors. Newly installed packages just wasn't starting, so reinstalled OS. By the way I decided to get rid of anything related to Gentoo and other distros I was using, and made a new partition scheme. For Debian this time (it seems to work quite good, though).

But I hope your answer will help someone with similar problem or me in the future, when I'll have to go back to Arch wink .

Board footer