You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-23 20:14:37

eyolf
Website

xterm-256color + screen + mutt + vim = @£%&¡#!

Sorry, I shouldn't be swearing in the subject line, I know, it's just that I've spending way too much time lately trying to get xterm with 256 colors to go nicely with mutt and vim through screen. It seems that no matter how I tweak the settings, in .Xresources, .screenrc, and .vimrc, I will either get functioning colors in mutt (and other ncurses apps) OR ctrl'ed function keys in vim, but never both. Either the colors are garbled in mutt (lines which should have been colored all the way, get the background color where there is no text), or the ctrl combinations in vim don't work, unless I map them with ^v directly, but that's not ideal either.

I'm not necessarily asking for help, but if someone has a working setup like this with fine-tuned rc-files lying around, I'd be delighted to see  them. :-)

#2 2007-09-23 20:20:29

dolby

Re: xterm-256color + screen + mutt + vim = @£%&¡#!

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2007-09-23 23:11:01

eyolf
Website

Re: xterm-256color + screen + mutt + vim = @£%&¡#!

Hey that was spooky! One comes to realize how personal these settings are. Using someone else's rcfiles... there's room for some serious split personality thing here.
Thanks for the link, anyway. I'll try them out.

Board footer