You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-29 19:58:50

LemonBoy

Brasero doesn't detect CD burner

I had this problem in my other Arch installation and haven't solved it yet.
I installed brasero, followed the post-install instructions but when I hit the Burn button, it seems that it doesn't detect the CD burner drive and lets me write only to a file image. Same problem while running it under root (so no permission problem probably)

This is the only error I get when running it under my regular user:

** (brasero:17100): WARNING **: hal_initialize failed: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

and while running under root:

(brasero:17114): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
libnotify-Message: Unable to get session bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (brasero:17114): WARNING **: hal_initialize failed: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

How can this be solved?

#2 2007-09-29 20:48:36

dolby

Re: Brasero doesn't detect CD burner

possibly: add hal to daemons array of rc.conf and then run /etc/rc.d/hald start to start the daemon before rebooting

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2007-09-29 21:44:52

LemonBoy

Re: Brasero doesn't detect CD burner

Great, it works.
I never really knew what this HAL was, but I remembered it had something to do with issues like this, so I added my user to the hal group. too bad I didn't start it tongue

Thanks.

Last edited by LemonBoy (2007-09-29 21:45:12)

Board footer