You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-30 13:31:38

drum

Didn't read properly and.......

I did what I now know was a silly thing by not reading closely enough and listening to the devs.
I have been running Arch on my box and 2 laptops in my home and kept them up to date and they run perfectly.
I committed the sin of enabling testing and did an -Syu on them all.
The funny thing is that they updated over 200mg including Gnome 2.20 and xorg etc and everything still runs perfectly.
The only thing is on one of the laptops, the T61, when I hit edit/preferences in firefox bon echo 2.0.0.7 it crashes firefox.
Thats the only thing I can find wrong in them all. A minor thing so far.
My question is, how long does it take before all the programs I downloaded get moved from testing to extra and I stop getting the warnings that so-and-so package local is newer than extra? If this is what happens eventually?
Sorry to be such a boring noob but I would not consider running anything but Arch on my computers after 6 months of total satisfaction
Thanks
Regards:)

bebop lives

#2 2007-09-30 13:53:00

stonecrest

Re: Didn't read properly and.......

They'll be moved when they're done being tested, of course.

I am a gated community.

#3 2007-09-30 13:53:54

kensai
Website

In my experience it does not take that long, as soon as Arch devs feel the users are not having probles with let's say GNOME 2.20 and Xorg 7.3 it will be moved to stable. I believe the one tht is giving more problmes here is the move to Xorg 7.3 well, or so I think because of the posts in the forums, I could be wrong. I also did the same and firefox is working fine here, is so strange your problem. I cannot reproduce it.

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#4 2007-09-30 14:19:08

drum

They'll be moved when they're done being tested, of course.

I'm sure they will, stonecrest , thankyou so much. lol

And thanks kensai, glad I'm not the only one and that yours is OK. I'll just wait.
smile

bebop lives

#5 2007-09-30 15:01:41

kensai
Website

drum, this might be of interest to you, read the replies there as well http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8120

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

Board footer