MONVMENTVM

kdemod-kde-common or qt4 upgrade screwed up kde

Hello,

Today I was upgrading my system and some of the packages were:

kdemod-kde-common-3.5.7-9 
kdemod-ksplash-engine-flexible-0.3-1
kdemod-theme-3.5.7-7
qt4-4.3.2-1

Now after a reboot kdm started up, I logged in and the splash screen loaded but nothing more happened. I could wait for minutes and after switching to the terminal and back after some time the panel loaded (but just the plain panel without icons or anything else). Later konqueror appeared and much later even the icons and the rest was back. But still this happens everytime I log in and I don't know what to do. Should I downgrade? Does anyone else have this problem after upgrading?

Best Regards

Giulian

#2 2007-10-06 18:14:10

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: kdemod-kde-common or qt4 upgrade screwed up kde

QT4 has nothing to do with KDEMod, so you can rule that out. If I were you, I'd remove kdemod-ksplash-engine-flexible and see if your system boots.

#3 2007-10-06 21:21:46

funkyou
Website

MONVMENTVM wrote:

Now after a reboot kdm started up, I logged in and the splash screen loaded but nothing more happened. I could wait for minutes and after switching to the terminal and back after some time the panel loaded (but just the plain panel without icons or anything else). Later konqueror appeared and much later even the icons and the rest was back.

Is your network ok? lo device enabled?

skottish wrote:

QT4 has nothing to do with KDEMod, so you can rule that out. If I were you, I'd remove kdemod-ksplash-engine-flexible and see if your system boots.

I just added two new fancy splash screens (try them out smile ), but the default has not been modified, so the ksplash stuff should not be relevant...

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#4 2007-10-06 21:50:37

skottish
Forum Fellow

funkyou wrote:

I just added two new fancy splash screens (try them out smile

Hmmm... I haven't seen an update for KDEMod in a while. Is everything in testing for x86_64?

#5 2007-10-06 22:46:48

newgargamel

funkyou wrote:

I just added two new fancy splash screens (try them out smile ), but the default has not been modified, so the ksplash stuff should not be relevant...

How to make them work? I don't see them in Control Centre

Board footer