You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-08 14:42:46

Flying Saxman

played a little bit around-> wallpapers, grub-gfx- and gensplash-theme

Hi!
I played a little bit around with the "arch-default-background.svg" from the KDE-package. You can see what I made here: http://home.arcor.de/chaos-keeper/lightblue/.

As you can see, I made a gensplash-theme, a grub-gfx-theme and some wallpapers. For the both themes I just varied the "archlinux"-letters a little bit. For the wallpapers there are also versions with numbers (from 1-10) in the left corner. The idea behind this is that you can give your viewports the same wallpaper but can differ them anyway because of the numbers. If you have more than 10 viewports, I put a svg-file with the numbers on my webspace so you can create your own wallpaper from 11-X.
So how do you like my work? Any comments? If you have any improvement, post it (e.g. if you have nicer numbers, I wrote them with my mouse, not a pen, so I don't like the numbers 1, 5-0 that much)!

#2 2007-10-12 22:30:41

Klenje

Re: played a little bit around-> wallpapers, grub-gfx- and gensplash-theme

hi, to use your theme for grub, should I just install grub-gfx from community and add the splashimage line in menu.lst, right?
thanks

#3 2007-10-17 18:23:52

Flying Saxman

Re: played a little bit around-> wallpapers, grub-gfx- and gensplash-theme

yeah, that's right.

P.S.: I know, there is no big difference to the normal version of the wallpaper, only the archlinux-writing and the numbers. But the numbers ARE in fact the only thing I did miss at this wallpaper so they are in fact the only but the main feature of my slightly different wallpaper-version. As I also like the writing a little bit more this way, I also published the other pictures/the themes. So please do me a favor and give me a feedback (especially how you like the numbers!)!

Board footer