You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-09 18:45:02

encelo
Website

PacStats - Pacman statistics and charts

Recycling some GL O.B.S. code and related knowledge I finally implemented an idea I had some time ago, a Pacman log and lib parser which share its DB with plugin-like charts.
It uses PyGTK and libglade for the interface, gettext for localization, SQLite for the database and Matplotlib for charts.

Note: Glade 3.2.2 (from [extra]) has a bug preventing the menu items to be saved with the project, so I compiled locally the last release, 3.4.0.

In the following screenshots you can see two charts in action, a pie chart and and histogram plotted analyzing the first letter of every installed package.

pacstats1.jpg

pacstats2.jpg

Last edited by encelo (2007-10-11 20:19:23)

Blog | Twitter | nCine 2D game engine
All problems in computer graphics can be solved with a matrix inversion. - James Blinn.

#2 2007-10-09 18:51:10

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: PacStats - Pacman statistics and charts

Well, that's pretty neat and all, but no links to sources or source repo?  Can we get to play with it too?  smile

#3 2007-10-09 19:46:09

encelo
Website

Cerebral wrote:

Well, that's pretty neat and all, but no links to sources or source repo?  Can we get to play with it too?  smile

I thought it was too much in alpha state to release something, but you're right, without the source no one would have the possibility to play and experiment with it. smile
I put a little page on my site with a link to the source.
Should the interest grow I could also consider registering the project on SourceForge.  wink

Blog | Twitter | nCine 2D game engine
All problems in computer graphics can be solved with a matrix inversion. - James Blinn.

#4 2007-10-09 20:37:50

Mikko777

Cerebral wrote:

Maybe its just a teaser? tongue

Board footer