You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-12 21:37:09

somairotevoli

No responce to topic........

If I post a topic and get no responce from it, after weeks, months, whatever, boost it and still recieve no help, am I able to request it to be moved to a higher traffic forum, or post a new topic and have the old one removed?

#2 2007-10-13 21:40:49

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: No responce to topic........

somairotevoli wrote:

If I post a topic and get no responce from it, after weeks, months, whatever, boost it and still recieve no help, am I able to request it to be moved to a higher traffic forum,

I don't know what you mean by "higher traffic forum". If the post was submited in the wrong forum, you can report it and ask to have it moved.

somairotevoli wrote:

or post a new topic and have the old one removed?

That is cross-posting and is not allowed. Also, I don't think it'll help you here.  Better methods would be to post on the ML or ask on IRC as not everyone  reads the forums. If the question is not Arch related, you can try posting on other forums, like linuxquestions.org for general Linux questions or on project specific forum for questions about a specific app.

#3 2007-10-13 22:17:23

somairotevoli

Re: No responce to topic........

I will try the IRC and mailing list options.

What I meant by higher traffic forum is like the newbie corner. I still would consider myself a newbie, maybe I should just post all my questions there;) j/k But I have found I have always gotten a better/quiker/ some responce there. Not everyone reads every topic specific forum, but I assume most read the newbie.

Board footer