You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-27 22:18:32

skparkes

Currently Maintained GTK/Gnome K3B replacement.

I know K3B is the king of linux burning gui's, but I really love XFCE, and hate waiting for the qt libs to load.  Is there not even a maintained GTK burning gui?  Gcombust is my favorite, but it's been dead for over a year.  Gtoaster looks to have been dead for even longer.  Hell, even eroaster seems to have sat dormant forever.  It's sad to see all these projects pass away...

Is ther nothing other than xcdroast?  I never cared much for that program, but I suppose I could load it up again.

ANyone got another suggestion?

Later,

Isamoor

#2 2004-05-27 22:57:27

zeppelin
Website

Re: Currently Maintained GTK/Gnome K3B replacement.

execute nautilus-cd-burner you put the files you want there and you just File --> Burn

[and if using nautlis, and you want to burn an ISO just right click the ISO]

have fun GTK2 lover

#3 2004-05-27 23:01:24

kritoke
Website

I tend to use the eroaster development version, its semi stable, it is in my tur if you want to give it a shot.

Kritoke

http://counter.li.org/ Registered Linux User #318963 kritoke@jabber.org

#4 2004-05-31 03:49:31

aCoder
Website

There are a few in heavy development, but they're meant to be used with libburn, which is just taking its baby steps as well.  My personal favorite is Optymistic (good name), which is being worked on by todd, the dropline guy.  If you want to speed things up, he's the one to see about it.

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

Board footer