You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-14 18:06:58

waldek_a

kmplayer forced upgrade

hi,
I have a small problem with kmplayer. There is the latest version in the Testing repo (kmplayer-0.10.0-1) which I have installed. As soon as I disable the Testing repo in pacman.conf and do again "pacman -Suy", pacman wants to downgrade the kmplayer to kmplayer-0.9.4.a-1. It does not even ask wether I want it or not.
I suspect the "force" option is causing that. If it is true could the package maintainer disable it?

Cheers

waldek

#2 2007-10-14 23:05:02

byte

Re: kmplayer forced upgrade

As long as the kmplayer devs stick to their naming policy, the force option is there to stay, sorry. You shouldn't enable testing just for one package, it's not meant to work that way. Have you tried IgnorePkg in pacman.conf?

#3 2007-10-15 16:32:49

waldek_a

Re: kmplayer forced upgrade

Why do you think I enabled testing for one package only? I use testing to test packages I use, not to install whatever is there even if I don't plan to really test it.
The "force" option results in loop whenever I enable/disable the Testing repo, it tries to upgrade/downgrade kmplayer. Is it really the matter of 0.9.4.a-1 vs. 0.10.0-1 and pacman not being able to figure out which one is newer? I didn't know that. There's an option in the PKGBUILD which says:

origver=0.9.4a

and somehow pacman can distinguish between truecrypts:

warning: truecrypt: local (4.3a-8) is newer than extra (4.3a-6)

IgnorePkg helps but I'd prefer not to use it if I don't really have to.

Board footer