You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-16 10:30:51

chicha

[SOLVED] Looking for an openoffice-base 2.2.1 package

Hello all,

The following bug in OOo 2.2.3 is very annoying for me : http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=82612
I would like to revert back to OOo 2.2.1.

I have tryied to compile it throught ABS (after checkout of the corresponding version), but this is very hard to compile since the mirrors are no more up-to-date regarding to this version. I tried to compile it using the SUN jdk instead of the gcj-compat with no success (error after 2 hours compilation time :-( )

Also compiling OOo take so much time an ressources that I would really appreciate if some one could post a link to an already compiled version of OOo 2.2.1.

Thank you very much for your help !
Cheers,

Chicha.

Last edited by chicha (2007-10-17 08:18:00)

#2 2007-10-16 11:01:15

AndyRTR
Developer

Re: [SOLVED] Looking for an openoffice-base 2.2.1 package

Any old precompiled ArchLinux OOo version will no more work with recent system libs. What you can do is to install the statically precompiled OpenOffice linux installer package directly from OpenOffice.org.

If you find a solution how to fix the issue please report a bugfix request in our flyspray. Meanwhile you might want to try out the OpenOffice-base-devel pkg from unstable repo.

#3 2007-10-16 11:34:42

chicha

Ok,
I will try the static compiled version from OOO.
I will put an update tonight if the installation was successfull.

For your info : the only lib which seems to conflict in the dependencies is neon at the moment. Others should be fine as far as I investigated.
I also reverted back to a previous version of neon (no dependency problem on my system as only OOo depends on it).

For sure If I manage to compile OOo I will post a bug fix in flyspray.

Thank very much AndyRTR for your help smile
Cheers,
Chicha

#4 2007-10-17 08:17:40

chicha

Hello again,

I have installed the old 2.2.1 version using the static compiled binaries from OOo.

For some reason they use RPM and I had to use rpmextract. It worked very well and I was able to install 2.2.1 beside the official Arch's OOo package.

I also wanted to have a look at OOo's code to find the patch corresponding to my bug report (http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=82612) and use it with Arch's OOo 2.3.0 PKGBUILD.
Unfortunatly I could not find it : it is a real mess over there ! I have a lot of respect for the people who make Arch's OOo PKGBUILD !!!

I cannot use the development snapshot as I need stability with this software for a professional usage.

Thank you very much again AndyRTR for your help !
Cheers,
Chicha

Board footer