You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-16 22:16:25

lang2

Questions w.r.t KDE

Greetings,

I've been an XFCE user since the days of xfce3. Always loved lightweight stuff (I guess like a lot of ppl here). Never really liked KDE much after the days of kde2 (Corel, anybody remember?). Then there is KDEMOD. I said I'd give it another try. And I'm now almost sold. smile If I get a few more things done right, I think KDEMOD is going to stay. Enough background and now to the questions:

1. Sometime, when I launch an application (or indeed, send a file to an application), it doesn't come to the foreground like it should be. For example opera. Instead, the taskbar item flashes. This is a bit annoying I have to say.

2. I've got a OSX like panel at the bottom of the screen. How do I configure it so it would look like an OSX bar? I.e. when I move my mouse over to an icon, it would zoom out and everything?

3. I still use GTK programs. For KDE programs, I can configure that the application menu actually shows up as the top menu bar. I know it is probaly impossible to do but can the non-KDE application menu do the same?

Thanks in advance. Hopefully for the long-time KDE users out there this should be very silly questions.

Thanks for kdemod. It really is great!

lang2

Last edited by lang2 (2007-10-16 22:36:51)

#2 2007-10-16 22:36:29

funkyou
Website

Re: Questions w.r.t KDE

1. Open kcontrol --> Desktop --> Window Behaviour -> Advanced. There you can setup the focus stealing prevention level... You can also set per-app settings by a rightclick on the window decoration --> advanced --> special settings for this window/program...

2. Look here http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … 99#p289699

Last edited by funkyou (2007-10-16 22:37:04)

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#3 2007-10-17 16:01:16

lang2

Re: Questions w.r.t KDE

Thanks! I've added Q3 as well. Any comment on that?

Board footer