You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-15 02:58:31

snorkel

Request: AL needs Kmplayer

Why no kmplayer pakage?
The crap kaboodle does not work with trailers etc.
On my gentoo box I have kmplayer and it plays everything embedded in the browser.  AL seems only to have the default kaboodle and it just hangs when trying to watch a trailer from apple.com/trailers.

with a little more polish AL can be better than gentoo.

thanks,

Snorkel.

#2 2004-02-15 03:13:40

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Request: AL needs Kmplayer

This message should have been posted in the package request category.  I'll move it there now.

Usually you don't demand packages either... you ask nicely or you learn how to build your own (it's really easy).

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-02-15 04:07:13

dp
Website

have a look at kaffeine ... it's a frontend for xine for kde ... very nice ... very usefull --- doing quite the same like kmplayer

it can be found in the TUR's

kaboodle is :-(  :twisted:  :evil: , sorry ... dont know what it is for ...

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#4 2004-05-25 20:29:32

dp
Website

as kmplayer is the app of the month ( http://dot.kde.org/1084782978/ ), i decided to make it for arch [-> extra]

#5 2004-05-25 20:53:27

lanrat

Installed, pressed play (without movie loaded) and:

kmplayer: DCOP quit 376
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kmplayer path = <unknown> pid = 2952
DCOP: unregister 'kmplayer-2952'
DCOP: register 'anonymous-3036' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP:  'anonymous-3036' now known as 'drkonqi-3036'
DCOP: unregister 'drkonqi-3036'

roll But it's still interesting... :-)

EDIT: also it doesn't want to cooperate with xine - kmplayer starts kxineplayer but it then just exits without displaying movie... But it's still interesting alternative for gmplayer :-)

#6 2004-05-25 23:57:44

dp
Website

lanrat wrote:

Installed, pressed play (without movie loaded) and:

kmplayer: DCOP quit 376
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kmplayer path = <unknown> pid = 2952
DCOP: unregister 'kmplayer-2952'
DCOP: register 'anonymous-3036' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP:  'anonymous-3036' now known as 'drkonqi-3036'
DCOP: unregister 'drkonqi-3036'

roll But it's still interesting... :-)

EDIT: also it doesn't want to cooperate with xine - kmplayer starts kxineplayer but it then just exits without displaying movie... But it's still interesting alternative for gmplayer :-)

the trouble with no movie loaded i can reproduce, but if you open something and use mplayer as decoder, it works fine --- hey, even the plugin in knoqueror works perfect (finally i do not need to search for urls in sourcecode to have things shown in knoqueror :-) had i only known earlier that kmplayer is so great)

the kxineplayer has problems also for me, and they are very similar like the problems with the neweset kaffeine player with the xine-lib in archlinux --- the newest xine-lib (rc4) cannot compile against gcc 3.4, so we are waiting --- but the mplayer backend can handle quite everything xine can, so it's only minor trouble

#7 2004-05-26 12:55:00

lanrat

I also prefer mplayer :-) I usually use mplayer from command line or gmplayer when I'm too lazy to read it's man page again :-) I hope that kmplayer will not slow playing the movies and that it will be stable enough.
BTW mplayer is really fast - yesterday I was able to play 4 different movies at the same time in small windows nicely located on my tv screen(running kahakai) while using xchat + opera on the monitor (running xfce4) and all was working stable on simple celeron 800mhz + 512 mb RAM - I'm ipressed big_smile (it looks like picture-in-picture + some nice background and all four movies where played at normal speed or slowed down a bit for the moment when I was using opera).

#8 2004-06-01 04:03:56

martinaramirez

Today I installed kmplayer via pacman.  When I tried running it, nothing happend.  Curious about what was going on, I opened terminal window and tried to run it.  This is what I got:

[martin@localhost martin]$ kmplayer
kmplayer: relocation error: /opt/kde/lib/libartskde.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZTv

I tried using ABS to make the package on my machine (it worked for a few other things), but it didn't work.  I ran configure as it recommends on the kmplayer homepage http://www.xs4all.nl/~jjvrieze/

./configure --disable-arts-volume 

, but when I go to make

make 

, it dies with the following error:

/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common    -o libkmplayercommon.la -rpath /opt/kde/lib -avoid-version -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/opt/qt/lib -L/opt/kde/lib  kmplayerview.lo kmplayerconfig.lo pref.lo kmplayerprocess.lo kmplayerpartbase.lo kmplayer_callback_skel.lo kmplayer_backend_stub.lo -lkmediaplayer -lkparts  -lm
grep: /usr/lib/libGL.la: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libGL.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libGL.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [libkmplayercommon.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kmplayer/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kmplayer'
make: *** [all] Error 2 

Does anyone have any ideas?  My system info is on Archstats, my system ref # is 2C45278BA207F9C5F2EFD007B402BF81.  Or you can click on the following link: http://archstats.coding-zone.com/index. … 07B402BF81

I hope someone can help me.  I know that watching movies isn't a reall necessity, but it sure is nice!  I'm still a NooB, but I'm trying real hard to not be a dumb one!  Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

PS I hope I didn't make any inadverdent blunders posting here, like this.  If I did it wrong, please let me know.

#9 2004-06-01 11:14:34

lanrat

How about recompiling arts? Does it help?

#10 2004-06-01 11:27:44

dp
Website

did you update some kde stuff some days ago? any chance to downgrade?

EDIT:
in archstats, i found you have:
kdelibs-3.2.2-3
kdemultimedia-3.2.2-2

... do you have the -2 and the -1 in your cache? try downgrading these 2

#11 2004-06-01 17:34:59

jochen

Hello,

I installed arch linux yesterday - so I don't have any previous packages in my cache. How is it possible for me to downgrade? Where can I get the old packages?

thanks and best regards
jochen

#12 2004-06-01 18:54:35

IceRAM
Website

jochen wrote:

I installed arch linux yesterday - so I don't have any previous packages in my cache

See...? I've asked you (the admins) why aren't the packages downgraded by hand on the server so that nobody gets any problems with them...
I didn't get an answer... this was the worst possible scenario...

Note to jochen:
ArchLinux isn't always like this. This is an isolated incident (the only one actually).
Unfortunately, I can't provide you with a link to downgraded packs.

#13 2004-06-01 19:57:36

martinaramirez

I'll try recompiling arts (both makepkg and straight compile if makepkg fails).  Unfortunately, I don't have any older packages in cache.  I just wiped my drive and reinstalled AL.  I know, It's not really necessary, but I keep breaking things by playing around with config files and such.  But hey!  At least I'm learning!  I will keep you all posted as to what happens.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Arch STILL rocks!  big_smile

#14 2004-06-01 20:06:08

jochen

Hi,

I am acutally really impressed by arch, but this is kind of frustrating...

Could somone who has the old packages in his cache put them online for downloading? This would be very nice!

EDIT: Ok, I found them here:
ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/suns … nofficial/

Thanks,
jochen.

Board footer