You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-07 15:51:56

mezoko
Website

Email Options?

Hello!
Are there any email options like to be emailed when there is a reply to a topic, I posted to?

Thanks

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

#2 2007-04-07 15:55:37

nightfrost

Re: Email Options?

Yeah, I missed out on that too after the new design was introduced. For some reason subscription to threads you post in isn't enabled by default. But if you take a close look just above the "quick post" window there's a link that says 'subscribe to this topic'.

#3 2007-04-07 16:38:07

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

yes, and this annoyance will be fixed with the releae of punbb 1.3. Subscribing by default will be an option in your profile.

When exactly 1.3 will be released... I'm not so sure. There was speculation that it was supposed to be out for new year's, that obviously didn't happen. The truth is, it's *still* almost done, it's just missing some finishing touches. See http://dev.punbb.org/query?status=new&s … der=status for status info on that.

The suggestion box only accepts patches.

#4 2007-04-07 17:12:06

mezoko
Website

Ahh ok, I'll be most diffidently looking forward to the new version.
Thanks

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

#5 2007-10-19 20:40:41

speakeasy

Normally when I start a new topic in a forum, linuxquestions.org for example, and someone replies, I get an e-mail sent to me telling me there is a reply, and usually giving a couple of lines of the reply, link to go to for the reply, and so on.

I started a new topic on the forum here. A reply was posted, but I received no notification of it. Now obviously I want to know if someone has replied to my question, so do I have to check some box on my privacy page to receive replies?

The posts above appear to be saying that if someone replies to my question, they can click on the "subscribe to topic" button, and they will receive an e-mail if I reply to their reply.

How does this apply to me though? I started the new topic. Do I also need to click on this button to receive replies?

Just to try this out on replying to this topic, I've clicked on the "Subscribe to this topic" button, and hope to receive a reply.

Nigel. aka speakeasy.

btw: It was interesting installing, and configuring Archlinux on the CLI using the core.iso. You have to think a lot more about what you're doing when in text mode. Anyway X is running, and KDE, and other problems resolved. To be quite honest, it's a bit of a downer being back into point and click, but I can't use xawtv in text mode.

#6 2007-10-19 21:53:50

stingray

Here is a reply to test...

There is also a "Subscribe to this topic" under the last post of a topice.

And a "Show your subscribed topics" at the bottom of Index and other pages...

#7 2007-10-19 23:38:50

speakeasy

Ok. When I posted my query, I clicked on the "Subscribe to this topic" button, and have received an e-mail from the forum saying that you had replied Stingray. I click on the link, and can view your reply to me. Now that works if I reply to a running topic, and click on the "Subscribe to this topic" button. If someone then sends a reply, I get an e-mail, which is as it should be.

The question is. If I start a new topic, do I need to click on this "Subscribe to this topic" button, so as to receive e-mails to any replies to my query, or is there some box I need to check on my privacy page.

Thje only box unchecked there is "Include post in subscription e-mails". Do I need to check this box? I thought that you would automatically receive replies to a topic you had started, much as the way it works on mailing lists you are subscribed to..

Thanks for any help with this problem.

Nigel. aka speakeasy.

#8 2007-10-20 01:37:39

stingray

Note sure about that, but there is a "Subscribe to this topic" checkbox when you "Post new topic".

Board footer