You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-03 21:18:10

jochen

using lyx

Hello,

maybe (or sure wink) it's a stupid question, but I got some problems with lyx. While I was using Slackware, I could get a DVI-View of my document with pressing ctrl + d and similar action for pdf.
Now, with AL-lyx-package I just don't know how to get this feature. I'd be really glad if someone here could give me a hint how to reach this.

thanks and best regards,
jochen

#2 2004-06-04 09:22:01

Gyroplast
Website

Re: using lyx

I just gave it a shot, having a rather complete LaTeX system at hand here (for reasons I don't want to be reminded of), and found no problem whatsoever ogling at the introduction, hitting ctrl-d, and having xdvi pop up with the rendered image after a while.

So, considering that lyx does not have a dependency on xdvi, I assume you should install the xdvi package as well. Otherwise it's rather difficult for lyx to invoke the DVI previewer, right? smile

The same should apply to your PDF problem, just that you should then install the xpdf and/or acroread package. Postscript is covered by the gv package. I haven't looked, but I'm sure you can define your own viewer applications in some dotfile if you feel like using something else.

HTH.

"That's the problem with good advice. Nobody wants to hear it."
-- Dogbert

#3 2004-06-04 10:21:50

jochen

Well, just as I feared - a stupid question wink

Thank you for your answer, I'll give it a try after finishing my work this afternoon.

#4 2004-06-04 18:42:59

jochen

Ok, now it's working. But it wasn't a problem of not having installed the appropriate viewers - they were all there.
A

rm -Rf ~/.lyx

solved the problem. Don't know why and where these wrong configuration files did come from, but it's working now.

#5 2004-07-27 01:46:08

fideli

do i have to download the tetex package to get xdvi?  or is there a lighter package that has it?  or can i somehow link ctrl + d to kdvi?

-\ fideli /-

Board footer