You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-31 13:50:44

jwbirdsong

python development environments??

While trying to build the poker-network pkgbuild from AUR I'm having an issue with the error configure: error: No python development environments found.
I have all LISTED dependencies installed.  Have searched a bit for this and am having no luck at all.
here is snip of ./configure output

checking for inline... inline
checking for a Python interpreter with version =2.3... done
checking for a Python interpreter with version =2.4... done
checking for a Python interpreter with version =2.5... done
checking for python2.5... /usr/bin/python2.5
checking for python2.5 version... done
checking for python2.5 platform... done
checking for python2.5 script directory... done
checking for python2.5 extension module directory... done
checking for  include directory... /usr/include/python2.5
checking for python2.5 C libraries directory... /usr/lib/python2.5/config
checking for python2.5 link flags... -L/usr/lib/python2.5/config -lpython2.5
checking python includes in /usr/include/python2.5
checking Python.h usability... yes
checking Python.h presence... yes
checking for Python.h... yes
checking for Python libraries... yes
configure: Found working python compilation environment for =2.5
configure: error: No python development environments found
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

Can anyone point me in right direction please?

PLEASE read and try to FIX/FILE BUGS instead of assuming other have/will.

#2 2007-11-01 01:03:12

djscholl

Re: python development environments??

Not sure if this is what you are asking for, but the configure command is simply a big honking shell script in the directory that is created when you unpack the package tarball. The job of the configure script is to see what compilation tools and libraries you have, and find where they are. This information is used to customize the package's makefiles. If the configure script fails to find a tool or library that it thinks it needs, it will print an error message, it will not finish creating the makefiles, and the make command will not work. This is what happened to you. If no one posts a better answer, you can peek into the configure script, find the code that prints the last good news, which is "Found working python compilation environment for =2.5", and find the code that prints the bad news, which is "No python development environments found", and somewhere between those two places the script failed to find something it thinks it needed. Studying the script should tell you exactly where it looked for what. Then you either put that thing in the place where the script looks, or tell the script to look where that thing already is by calling configure with an additional option. The list of possible options can be obtained by running "./configure --help".

It's easy to overlook a makedepends item when you are creating a PKGBUILD and already have that item installed, and that may be what happened here.

#3 2007-11-01 04:33:50

jwbirdsong

Re: python development environments??

djschool

Thanks for the reply.
Actually the exact same thought had occured to me AFTER I posted this and was on the way to work; so I was unable to do this till now..
The problem was a commented IF statetment in the configure file...resulting in the error being displayed at all times.

Now off to post to pkg developer.  Thanks again for responding.

PLEASE read and try to FIX/FILE BUGS instead of assuming other have/will.

Board footer