You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-04 13:41:40

peabrain

MicroSD trouble

I have a 2GB MicroSD card made by Sandisk. I have an integrated card reader on my PC and I've been using it to mount the card to my system.

The problem is that for some reason the files on the card aren't handled properly. For example, if I move files from one directory to another, the files get deleted from the original directory but not copied in the new one. But though I can't find the files anymore free disk space doesn't increase. Also, whenever I delete files from the card they get deleted but chances are that free disk space doesn't increase a bit. It also happened once that files from one directory I didn't touch got lust during the time the card was mounted.

I do not know if this happens because of Linux, because of a faulty memory card or whatever, but I never had any problems when mounting the card in Windows or using it on mobile gadgets. These things have only happened during the time I've accessed the card in Linux (I've tried Konqueror and terminal, and both have the same problems).

Reformatting the disk brings back all the lost space, but it is a pain in the butt to keep doing it over and over again. Any advice?
Edit: fsck.vfat also fixes the free space problem.

Last edited by peabrain (2007-11-04 13:50:58)

Board footer