You are not logged in.

#1 2003-03-25 15:50:20

sinister

fonts.conf file problems?

Ok.. something weird is definitely going on here.. I think this may be the reason i'm not getting any antialiasing as well. I have installed gnome2.. and when I go to double click on a nautilus icon.. it dies. the error it gives is:

No Fonts Found; this probably means that fontconfig is not properly configured. I'm using the default fonts.conf that was created by the install.

For some reason, i'm unable to paste it in here.. or i would show you... i've
uploaded it to the archlinux ftp for viewing:

ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/incoming/fonts.conf

any help would be appreciated.. this is driving me nuts.. wink[/code]

I bought a dog the other day...I named him Stay. It's fun to call him...  "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" He went insane. Now he just ignores me and drools.

#2 2003-03-25 15:55:15

netkrash

Re: fonts.conf file problems?

edit your /etc/fonts/fonts.conf then add any TTF directories (it's pretty simple) and save the file..

then update your font config cache:

# fc-cache

after that anything should work..

i do taht to use KDE/QT with antialiased  fonts so it should work with gnome..

GNU/Linux: Share & Enjoy!

#3 2003-03-25 18:22:03

sinister

That stopped nautilus from crashing alright. Still no font antialiasing tho. Seems almost like XFT isn't enabled or something.

I bought a dog the other day...I named him Stay. It's fun to call him...  "Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!" He went insane. Now he just ignores me and drools.

#4 2003-03-26 07:32:35

Blaasvis

well the reason you get no AA fonts, is that the packages pango and gtk2 are compiled against an old version of xft, you should recompile these then it will work.

8)

Freedom is what i love

Board footer