You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-06 00:46:18

ibnpaul

[SOLVED] PHP script returning a 255 errorcode

Hello,

I have a rather strange problem at hand currently.  I am using the stock binary PHP supplied in the repositories with sqlite3, pdo ,pdo-sqlite, and soap modules enabled.  Whenever I try to run a PHP script, however, no output is returned to STDOUT (although there should be) and when I execute it in ScITE, I get an exit code of 255.  The exact same script works on a FreeBSD server that I have access to and did work fine on SUSE linux, and also on this machine until two days ago.  It is intermittent, I briefly fixed the issue by rewriting the ?> brackets and saving the file, then by converting the EOLs from CRLF to LF using dos2unix, however both times the script reverted.  There are other PHP scripts that work fine, and even this one used to work OK.  I also want to mention that I had edited the file using DEV-PHP 2.2 for Windows but while the file was on the BSD server, and on Arch and SUSE.  Thank you all!

Last edited by ibnpaul (2007-11-07 05:04:33)

#2 2007-11-07 04:42:32

ibnpaul

Re: [SOLVED] PHP script returning a 255 errorcode

> ~/Development/1&1/Abuse/lgrp_beta  $  ./lgrp.php
> ~/Development/1&1/Abuse/lgrp_beta  $  php -l lgrp.php
Errors parsing lgrp.php
> ~/Development/1&1/Abuse/lgrp_beta  $  ./lgrp

LogGrep v0.3 -- Help
Usage: lgrp [-option [parameter]]...

This above code shows that calling ./lgrp.php does not work, we hit errors when trying to check syntax, and a copy of the script, lgrp, runs fine, as can be seet by the output.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks again!

#3 2007-11-07 05:04:14

ibnpaul

Re: [SOLVED] PHP script returning a 255 errorcode

Ok, figured it out.  The error messages started to post to the logs instead of the screen (STDERR instead of STDOUT, or the default for STDERR changed).  Anyway, good to know.

Board footer