You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-02 18:39:30

skottish
Forum Fellow

Couple of photo apps

One of the Gimp devs mentioned these two programs on the Gimp-dev mailing list. They both look pretty interesting:

http://www.rawtherapee.com/?page=screens  (in AUR)

http://bluemarine.tidalwave.it/   (not in AUR yet)

#2 2007-09-02 18:52:43

MrWeatherbee

Re: Couple of photo apps

skottish wrote:

One of the Gimp devs mentioned these two programs on the Gimp-dev mailing list. They both look pretty interesting:

http://www.rawtherapee.com/?page=screens  (in AUR)

http://bluemarine.tidalwave.it/   (not in AUR yet)

Big big thanks for those links, Skottish.

#3 2007-09-02 19:24:31

MrWeatherbee

Okay.

blueMarine:

Website wrote:

The blueMarine project
blueMarine foundation is very similar to existing applications such as Adobe Lightroom or Apple Aperture: a photo browser, which can be explored in different ways (by folder, by calendar, by tags, by galleries). This is just a core upon which different modules can be plugged in. The aim of blueMarine is to fully support the photographic workflow, even before the photo shoot (for instance, trip planning supported by maps) and beyond print or archival. For instance, an ornithologist usually manages field notes about the bird observed and photographed: directly binding them to photos and maybe GPS positioning data is much better than keeping a separate Excel sheet.

Yea, right.

It's Java junk. It's junk even if it wasn't Java. I simply do not foresee it ever becoming what it may aspire to be. I know it's beta (already at RC1, though), but this is like VW claiming that their first incarnations of the Beetle would eventually become a Lamborghini.

Adobe and Apple should sue for having Lightroom and Aperture mentioned / compared to this application.

Still, thanks for the link Skottish. I'm always looking for Linux photo apps. Still looking.

I'll check on building "THe Experimental RAw Photo Editor" later.

Thanks.

#4 2007-09-02 20:40:11

tomk
Forum Fellow

Website also wrote:

blueMarine wasn't born with the idea of delivering a product. Originally it was just a technologic demonstrator, thus lacking quality assurance. Only in 2006 it got a critical mass of feaures and the author definitely decided to retarget it. At the moment the QA is insufficient and the product is not yet suitable for production use. Don't download it if you think to use it - blueMarine at the moment can be only evaluated. Of course, you can also contribute to it.

Of course, your selective quote may be better than my selective quote. roll

For the record, the emphasis above is mine.

#5 2007-09-02 21:13:16

MrWeatherbee

Website also wrote:

blueMarine wasn't born with the idea of delivering a product. Originally it was just a technologic demonstrator, thus lacking quality assurance. Only in 2006 it got a critical mass of feaures and the author definitely decided to retarget it. At the moment the QA is insufficient and the product is not yet suitable for production use. Don't download it if you think to use it - blueMarine at the moment can be only evaluated. Of course, you can also contribute to it.

Of course, your selective quote may be better than my selective quote. roll

For the record, the re-emphasis above is mine.

We could do this "selective quoting and emphasizing" forever. However, the outcome is the same. The product's current path is that of a massively bloated, yet simplistic, Java image browser with an equally uninspiring interface. Why would I want to contribute to such an ill-conceived product?

Also for the record, my take on blueMarine was not about bugs or QA; if it were, it would have been much kinder.

Last edited by MrWeatherbee (2007-09-02 21:14:29)

#6 2007-09-02 21:29:14

PeteMo
Website

Has anyone gotten rawtherapee to successfully open a jpg or raw file?  The program starts fine, but when I double click on a .jpg thumbnail it crashes with the error:

(rt:2686): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_iter_nth_child: assertion `n >= 0' failed
Segmentation fault

It also crashes at the same point (opening a thumbnail) when I try to open an .orf (olympus raw format) file from my Olympus E-500 camera.  The camera is specifically listed as supported on the project's webpage.  I don't get the gtk error in this case, only the seg fault.

#7 2007-09-02 21:42:49

MrWeatherbee

Now back on track with RawTherapee.

I built RT from AUR, but it was a no go. Thumbnails of various Canon raw images I tried wouldnt render; the preferences dialog could not be launched, the application interface randomly crashed or locked-up within a couple of minutes of opening, etc. Generally, it just didn't work.

However, this application actually seems to have potential in concept and design, so I installed it under Windows XP, and the pre-built Windows application works fine as far as I can tell except for some minor GUI issues (they mostly occur when re-sizing the window).

A couple of stand-out issues that may become impediments to RawTherapee being a really serious digital photography tool, but hopefully these will be addressed as it evolves:

- "real-time" feedback of applied image edits is slow (so, I guess it's not really real-time smile );
- the main image area in the GUI severely limits the size of the image by design and utilizes magnification ratios that produce poor rendering (the dreaded "jaggy" edges); the main image is so small that even not-so-subtle edits are often not apparent in this view. The apps current solution to this is the option of using a separate "detailed view" window. However, it is almost more intrusive than helpful, and such a window should be an alternative viewing source, not the main viewing source.

Anyway, RawTherapee is one to watch. Hopefully, the AUR build will be working soon (maybe it does work for some people). In the meantime, I'll continue to play with RT when I boot into Windows.

Thanks again for the link.

#8 2007-09-20 20:53:01

waldek_a

hi,
I've been using RT for a 2 weeks and I'm really impressed with it. I find it really stable on my PC. Besides of that I have Olympus SLR (e510) which is pretty new but ART works with e510's ORF files really fine. There are not many such apps for Linux, and most big companies still ignore it. I am really grateful to the guy who develops ART for the Linux version, I have no Windows installed so other packages are not an option. It is not GPL, though free. If one likes it a donation is welcome.
Well, about the "main image area" issues - on my PC it does not produce "jaggy" edges, it is not very fast though, and the "detail view" is a good way to see quick how the filters you apply are affecting the image in 1:1 scale. You pick a suspicious area, apply a filter and see in 1:1 how it affects the image. I personally find it really useful.
What I'm missing is proper workflow that allows quickly work with hundreds photos.
You don't really need AUR to run RT. Just unpack the archive and start it. IMO it is even better because you don't have to install it as root.
Besides of RT it is worth to check Bibble Lite http://www.bibblelabs.com/ - costs $69... but if already have an SLR...

#9 2007-10-16 14:36:45

regomodo

same problem as mr weatherbee

The layout and tools (haven't actually used) look good. Just it keeps crashing when i try to open an image. Hope this doesn't get orphaned.

[edit] got it to work with

$ chmod 555 /opt/RawTherapee/profiles/

Played around with it a bit and i'm evry impressed. Reminds me a little of Pixmantec's free Rawshooter. Rawtherapee is a little slow but not half as bad as Lightzone which uses java.

Last edited by regomodo (2007-10-16 16:33:38)

w$, winblows, and windoze gets old. Quickly

#10 2007-10-17 02:31:50

N30N

I think it's great, fast and intuitive. Of course I'm talking about LightZone (and is now in AUR)

#11 2007-10-17 11:07:06

MrWeatherbee

N30N wrote:

I think it's great, fast and intuitive. Of course I'm talking about LightZone (and is now in AUR)

As I was playing around with Lightzone from AUR for several hours, I was preparing in my mind all the things I'd like to say about this piece of software, but upon finding a few annoyances and a quick search for solutions, I realized that the version I was using was 2.4, whereas the "official" release is up to 3.1.

From AUR:

Unfortunately lightcrafts has taken down all traces of the linux version from their site. Luckily I've got my sources (thanks Ted), so I've stuck it up on my server till we get some news from lightcrafts.

I guess the last version available for Linux was 2.4.

Anyway, without access to the latest version, I don't feel very comfortable making too many comments as they may or may not even be valid anymore.

However, here are a few questions for those who may have been using LZ for some time up through the latest version (the latter, I suppose will be limited to Windows or Mac users, so direct comparisons with how it functions on Linux is impossible): 

- Does the Java component use upwards of 500 - 700 MB of RAM plus 150MB of Swap while working on RAW images of around 30 MB (and even JPG images as small as 2 MB)? I've got a moderately spec'd PC for my Arch installation (~ 3.0 Ghz AMD64 / 1 GB RAM / Raptor 10,000 RPM Disks) and performance is significantly impacted while using LightZone. I see from the LZ website that 2GB of RAM is recommended, but normally I would think that amount of RAM would be utilized when editing massive photos with many edits (medium format perhaps) , not when tinkering with 2MB files with 2 or 3 edits (LZ RAM Preferences were alternately set between 750 MB and 1000 MB; trying lesser RAM settings forced even more swapping and performance degradation).  I do medium format work in Photoshop on the same PC using huge, scanned, 6x7 images with no issues).

- Has rendering of the image improved when using the zooming tool (zoom in / zoom out)? The functionality is already CPU intensive without any edits and takes longer than it should for very small images, but adding edits increased the time to as much as 5 seconds for *every* step up or down.

- Any improvements in cropping, cloning and spotting implementation?
-- Cropping - in v2.4, instead of using 'marching ants' or a solid border to outline the crop area, the image area to be cropped is changed to a desaturated, low-contrast version of the original image. This works fine if the image is dark, but becomes difficult to accurately assess the crop when applying to lighter images (I noticed this as I was working primarily on images of a white dog in snow);
-- Cloning and Spotting - I could resort to vulgarity here, but I won't. I'll just state that with v2.4, if you have more than a couple of cloning areas or spots, you will be banging your head against the wall. If you are using pure-digital images, *maybe* the implementation is workable for some, but it is practically useless for film-to-digital images where removing spots is essential work. Without having read the LZ website, I would have assumed that LZ was primarily intended for purely digital workflows as a supplement or complement to Photoshop (kind of like a nice Photoshop plugin), but the website seems to bash Photoshop every chance it gets (hyperbolically and inaccurately, I might add, in many instances) , so I must now believe LZ is intended to be a replacement for any photographer (including film photographers) who might have used, or ever considered using, Photoshop.

regomodo wrote:

... Rawtherapee is a little slow but not half as bad as Lightzone which uses java.

Regomodo ... agreed, but what LZ version(s) and on which platforms?

Finally, I do like the concept of the software's 'zone system' approach in a lot of ways. That part of the software (ZoneMapper) was a pleasure to use along with the ToneMapper (now the Relight tool, I believe), and the results, independent of resource usage and sluggishness, were very nice indeed. However, the slowness really can't be overlooked in a work environment. And most other included editing tools available in v2.4 are lesser versions of those found in Photoshop. I was really surprised at the [at]tack used against Photoshop, when in reality, the two programs can and should work nicely together. If you are a Photoshop user (a "dinosaur" according to LZ's website), please read some of the claims in the LZ web-page and pdf file linked below ... you may find yourself saying WTF more than once; if you aren't a user of Photoshop, suffice to say that you should be wary of a lot of the comparisons' claims.

http://www.lightcrafts.com/products/difference/
http://www.lightcrafts.com/products/dif … S3comp.pdf

Edit: removed duplicate (double) words

Last edited by MrWeatherbee (2007-10-17 11:21:29)

#12 2007-10-19 02:52:26

N30N

MrWeatherbee wrote:

I guess the last version available for Linux was 2.4.

That's correct the linux version releases did always trailed behind the commercial versions. Unforchantly I fear this may be that last linux version to be released (no conformation, just gut feeling). sad

MrWeatherbee wrote:

LZ RAM Preferences were alternately set between 750 MB and 1000 MB; trying lesser RAM settings forced even more swapping and performance degradation

That's strange I'm using the default of 301MB here and it has no problem processing 10MP raw files (dose use the swap a bit but performance dosn't seem to suffer). Have you checked for any console errors? (I'm using x86_64 here so haven't tested but) Maybe you'd get better performance if you modified the startup script to use the systems java install (instead of the packaged version)? Also I remember there being some other tweaks you could add to gain performance (have a search on the lightcrafts forums).

MrWeatherbee wrote:

if you have more than a couple of cloning areas or spots, you will be banging your head against the wall. If you are using pure-digital images, *maybe* the implementation is workable for some, but it is practically useless for film-to-digital images where removing spots is essential work.

I think it's quite obvious that the cloning tool is only for quick/minor photo fixes and anything beyond that you would want to use a image editor.

The photoshop bashing advertisement on the site is rather strange but has a bit of truth to it (it does seem to be focused at graphic designers), tho it's definitely not in direct competition with it. If you need something lighter Bibble next best in my book (and is also available on OSX/Windows which you seem to be interested in).

#13 2007-10-19 05:16:12

MrWeatherbee

First off ... thanks very much for the reply.

N30N wrote:

That's strange I'm using the default of 301MB here and it has no problem processing 10MP raw files (dose use the swap a bit but performance dosn't seem to suffer). Have you checked for any console errors? (I'm using x86_64 here so haven't tested but) Maybe you'd get better performance if you modified the startup script to use the systems java install (instead of the packaged version)? Also I remember there being some other tweaks you could add to gain performance (have a search on the lightcrafts forums).

I uncommented the Java line in '/opt/lightzone' and added the location of the system Java installation. So, the original line:

#INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME_OVERRIDE=

becomes:

INSTALL4J_JAVA_HOME_OVERRIDE="/opt/java/jre"

The switch-over resulted in a very significant decrease in start-up time of the application. Reduction of memory usage did occur, but it is still surprising to see an application jump from initial RAM of ~54 MB to ~300 MB when working on a 2MB file and around 500 MB while working on a 30MB file.

I think the biggest performance issue for me is redrawing the image as sizing is changed. The same image opened in other image viewing and editing applications is redrawn instantaneously whether zooming in or out, so I have to chalk-up the CPU intensive redrawing operations inside LZ to the Java implementation and its inability to efficiently process the redrawing operation, especially while re-applying the edits.

The terminal output was clean, by the way, regardless of which Java version was used.

And unfortunately, I don't have a 64-bit installation of Linux handy to measure any differences that the 64-bit environment might make.

N30N wrote:

I think it's quite obvious that the cloning tool is only for quick/minor photo fixes and anything beyond that you would want to use a image editor.

The photoshop bashing advertisement on the site is rather strange but has a bit of truth to it (it does seem to be focused at graphic designers), tho it's definitely not in direct competition with it. If you need something lighter Bibble next best in my book (and is also available on OSX/Windows which you seem to be interested in).

My assessment was / is that the main focus of this application *should* be as a complement to Photoshop, i.e., ZoneMapper and to a lesser extent, ToneMapper / Relight, are the main attraction. So yes, maybe one might expect the other tools to be a little less than "industry-standard", and for most people used to Photoshop and Photoshop plug-ins, $250 is not an unreasonable price compared to other single-purpose, professional quality tools. Viewed in that light, as I said in my original post, LZ is a nice application (except for the Java ... can a Java app even be considered a professional tool? ). However, when the company itself promotes the product as a Photoshop killer, expectations are changed. I just found their's to be an odd marketing strategy, especially since any one who has ever worked with photographic images knows that the tools available in LZ are nowhere near enough to get the job done from A-Z without the help of another application, and I'm sure at a $250 price-point, the users of LZ will likely be professionals who already have (and love) Photoshop.

Finally, I haven't dug through the LZ forums yet to seek out any additional tweaks, but I'll get to it sometime in the near future.

Thanks again.

#14 2007-10-19 21:33:17

N30N

MrWeatherbee wrote:

The switch-over resulted in a very significant decrease in start-up time of the application.

Thats good to hear. I have modified the the AUR package to use the arch jre package (and stripped out the packed jre) for i686 users (hopefully it all works I don't have a i686 install of arch to test on).

MrWeatherbee wrote:

Finally, I haven't dug through the LZ forums yet to seek out any additional tweaks, but I'll get to it sometime in the near future.

This is the post I was talking about (Anton was the guy in charge of the linux release).

#15 2007-10-20 00:30:23

MrWeatherbee

N30N wrote:

Thats good to hear. I have modified the the AUR package to use the arch jre package (and stripped out the packed jre) for i686 users (hopefully it all works I don't have a i686 install of arch to test on).

As noted by SickHate on the AUR page, the new package results in this error upon launch:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/install4j/runtime/Launcher

Removing the reference to 'com.install4j.runtime.Launcher launch' from line 268 of '/opt/lightzone/LightZone' fixed the problem. So, line 268:

"$app_java_home/bin/java" -Dinstall4j.jvmDir="$app_java_home" -Dinstall4j.appDir="$app_home"  -Dexe4j.moduleName="$prg_dir/$prg"  $INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS -classpath "$local_classpath" com.install4j.runtime.Launcher launch com.lightcrafts.platform.linux.LinuxLauncher true false "$prg_dir/LightZone.log" "$prg_dir/LightZone.log" false  true false "" true true -1 -1 "" 20 20 "Arial" "0,0,0" 8 500 "" 20 40 "Arial" "0,0,0" 8 500 -1  "$@"

becomes:

"$app_java_home/bin/java" -Dinstall4j.jvmDir="$app_java_home" -Dinstall4j.appDir="$app_home"  -Dexe4j.moduleName="$prg_dir/$prg"  $INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS -classpath "$local_classpath" com.lightcrafts.platform.linux.LinuxLauncher true false "$prg_dir/LightZone.log" "$prg_dir/LightZone.log" false  true false "" true true -1 -1 "" 20 20 "Arial" "0,0,0" 8 500 "" 20 40 "Arial" "0,0,0" 8 500 -1  "$@"
N30N wrote:

This is the post I was talking about (Anton was the guy in charge of the linux release).

I'll have a look.

Thank you.

#16 2007-10-20 02:33:40

N30N

MrWeatherbee wrote:

As noted by SickHate on the AUR page, the new package results in this error upon launch

Thanks for testing (especially since you not a fan of lightzone or at least it's performance), I have made changes that should fix this.

#17 2007-10-20 09:27:35

MrWeatherbee

N30N wrote:
MrWeatherbee wrote:

As noted by SickHate on the AUR page, the new package results in this error upon launch

Thanks for testing (especially since you not a fan of lightzone or at least it's performance), I have made changes that should fix this.

No problem.

I also tried adding options to the LightZone file to speed things up and was not able to really achieve that goal. I do believe some of the things I tried might have had a very marginal performance impact, but it's possible that they were just placebo effects as I do not believe there is a practical, empirical way to measure these minor changes in performance.

Secondly, I am not a Java wiz. I did, however, focus on the things mentioned in your link and followed up on some of them with additional documentation. For example, see this garbage collection link:

http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc5.0/ … %7Coutline

Keeping in mind that I am not a Java tuning wiz, the following may not even make sense in the context of tuning this particular application or make sense with my hardware, but here is what I tried in various combinations by adding them to the 'INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS':

1. Xmx<memory> # manually input sizes that varied from the script calculation
2. Xincgc # Same as XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
3. XX:+UseParallelGC
4. XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
5. XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=<nnn>
6. XX:GCTimeRatio=<nnn>
7. Xnoclassgc
8. Xrs<memory>

I also tried a few others I can't remember off-hand. Ultimately, I have left the script calculation of 'Xmx' + 4, 5, and 6 as parameters in the LightZone file. They may have helped a little, and they certainly didn't hurt anything that I could tell.

I think I'll leave LightZone installed to play around with on Arch, but I still stand by my original review. I have since found other user reviews (including v3.1) that are uncannily similar to mine (including the assessment of the cloning / stamping tools), so I am fairly confident that I have done due diligence in trying to get this application "up-to-speed". However, speed is relative; for quick edits, one-offs and playing around with images, the speed is fine. For serious editing, especially on larger images, it is not tolerable for me.

This by no means diminishes your efforts, N30N, to provide another tool for Arch users, and I do appreciate that very much.

Edit:
grammar, clarification

Last edited by MrWeatherbee (2007-10-20 09:41:18)

#18 2007-11-07 20:56:02

grizz
Website

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/lightzone/libDCRaw.so: /opt/lightzone/libDCRaw.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
        at com.lightcrafts.app.Application.verifyLibraries(Application.java:1522)
        at com.lightcrafts.app.Application.main(Application.java:1955)
        at com.lightcrafts.platform.linux.LinuxLauncher.main(LinuxLauncher.java:34)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
        at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/lightzone/libSegment.so: /opt/lightzone/libSegment.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/lightzone/libJAI.so: /opt/lightzone/libJAI.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/lightzone/libLCJPEG.so: /opt/lightzone/libLCJPEG.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/lightzone/libLCTIFF.so: /opt/lightzone/libLCTIFF.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/lightzone/libLinux.so: /opt/lightzone/libLinux.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
        at com.lightcrafts.platform.linux.LinuxPlatform.loadLibraries(LinuxPlatform.java:172)
        at com.lightcrafts.app.Application.verifyLibraries(Application.java:1531)
Uruchamiam silnik
Max Memory: 933953536
Total Memory: 12255232
Running on 2 processors
Allocating -289MB for the image cache.
Color compatibility mode is off
Wgrywam klasy
Sprawdzam profile barwne
Przywracam ustawienia
Zaczynam raportować
Sprawdzam zapisane pliki
Otwieram...
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/lightzone/libLCFileUtil.so: /opt/lightzone/libLCFileUtil.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
        at com.lightcrafts.utils.file.FileUtil.<clinit>(FileUtil.java:544)
        at com.lightcrafts.ui.browser.folders.FolderTreeNode.<init>(FolderTreeNode.java:272)
        at com.lightcrafts.ui.browser.folders.FolderTreeNode.createRootNode(FolderTreeNode.java:130)
        at com.lightcrafts.ui.browser.folders.FolderTreeModel.<init>(FolderTreeModel.java:270)
        at com.lightcrafts.ui.browser.folders.FolderTree.<init>(FolderTree.java:61)
        at com.lightcrafts.ui.browser.folders.FolderBrowserPane.resetTree(FolderBrowserPane.java:147)
        at com.lightcrafts.ui.browser.folders.FolderBrowserPane.<init>(FolderBrowserPane.java:30)
        at com.lightcrafts.app.ComboFrame.<init>(ComboFrame.java:161)
        at com.lightcrafts.app.Application.createNewComboFrame(Application.java:1320)
        at com.lightcrafts.app.Application.openEmpty(Application.java:545)
        at com.lightcrafts.app.Application$10.run(Application.java:1970)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
Error logging successful

Arch64
Is thera any solution?

http://galeria.firlej.org 
Voiceless it cries,Wingless flutters,Toothless bites,Mouthless mutters.
http://grizz.pl

#19 2007-11-08 01:46:23

N30N

grizz wrote:

Arch64
Is thera any solution?

Well I use arch64 myself so there most deferentially must be a solution. Could please check that you have a  /opt/lightzone/jre/ directory, if you do then it must be a missing lib32 dependency and if you don't then there's a problem with using $CARCH to check for 64bit. Let me know and I'll try my best to fix it. wink

PS. Rawstudio runs 64bit natively and is FLOSS (although is lacking features compared to the LZ and RawTherapee).

#20 2007-11-08 09:12:34

grizz
Website

ad. PS - Rawstudio runs but it doesn't work hmm there is only black screen in place of foto. (thumbs work)

[grizz@Gondolin  9:53 ~]ls /opt/lightzone/jre
bin  COPYRIGHT  lib  LICENSE  README  THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt  Welcome.html

lib32 dependencies are present

CARCH - I;ve set it on x86_64 but it doesen't change anything

I've change PKGBUILD to x86_64 only... but it doesen't change anything, either hmm

http://galeria.firlej.org 
Voiceless it cries,Wingless flutters,Toothless bites,Mouthless mutters.
http://grizz.pl

#21 2007-11-08 16:42:53

CavalierBob

grizz wrote:

ad. PS - Rawstudio runs but it doesn't work hmm there is only black screen in place of foto. (thumbs work)

This is a known bug in Rawstudio. See:

http://rawstudio.org/pipermail/rawstudi … 00055.html

and

http://rawstudio.org/pipermail/rawstudi … 00066.html

Looks like the solution from the Rawstudio devs is to compile from the SVN source or apply the patch noted in the August thread.

Bob

#22 2007-11-09 00:40:25

N30N

grizz wrote:

ls /opt/lightzone/jre
bin  COPYRIGHT  lib  LICENSE  README  THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt  Welcome.html

Well good to know that's all working fine.

grizz wrote:

lib32 dependencies are present

Yeah I meant that I might not have added all the ones that are needed. But they all seem to be there. I think the launch script might be finding a 64bit version of java on your system so I have updated the AUR PKGBUILD to make sure this shouldn't happen. If that doesn't fix it I'm a bit stumped, maybe try launching with linux32 lightzone? hmm

Board footer