You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-04 02:08:28

BetterLeftUnsaid

TV Card and overlay issues

First of all, hello Archlinux people!...I love you tongue

But sadly, I've yet to find a solution to what (I think) would be an easy problem.  I have a Hauppauge PVR-150 tv-card, which appears to be set up correctly and whatnot ('dmesg | grep ivtv' doesn't give me any errors), but I still have problems getting anything working. 
tvtime gives me:

xvoutput: no XVIDEO port found which supports YUY2 images.
***tvtime requires hardware YUY2 overlay support from your video card driver.

Similarly, xawtv and v4l-conf complain of not having overlay support:

/dev/video0 [v4l2]: no overlay support

So it appears I need to get this overlay thing worked out, but I'm not quite sure what to do...

Any help would be greatly appreciated big_smile

#2 2007-11-04 09:21:07

retsaw

Re: TV Card and overlay issues

You need to set up your graphics card.  I think just setting X to use the correct driver will be sufficient so long as this feature is supported on your graphics card.  If you need help with this, then you'll have to tell us what graphics card you are using, if you don't know then the output of "lspci" will tell you.

#3 2007-11-06 02:30:03

BetterLeftUnsaid

Alright, well I have an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL graphics card, so I went ahead and downloaded the intel i810 driver, and changed xorg.conf to use the new driver, as well as added Option "DRI" "true" and Option "XVideo" "true".  I also loaded agpgart as mentioned in the man page...

Now tvtime works only if i limit the input width, otherwise I get an error complaining of not having enough off-screen video memory.  Once I start that up, however,  it tells me that ivtv has an invalid argument, and that it cannot open /dev/video0.

v4l-conf and xawtv still tell me that there is still no overlay support.

I've tried changing a couple options in my xorg.conf file...but nothing seems to work...

Thanks for your support.

EDIT: Actually, after upgrading to the new Xorg, tvtime no longer has the off-screen memory error, but everything else is still the same.

Last edited by BetterLeftUnsaid (2007-11-06 02:47:34)

#4 2007-11-10 02:06:28

hussam
Website

Are you by any chance running a composite window manager like compiz? These are known to break tvtime. I stopped using the months ago because of this exact error. Removing compiz fixed tvtime.

#5 2007-11-10 04:49:14

BetterLeftUnsaid

Nah...just running fluxbox

Oh, and just realized that v4l-info tells me:

buffer
ioctl VIDIOCGFBUF: Invalid argument

Last edited by BetterLeftUnsaid (2007-11-10 04:51:57)

Board footer