You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-08 04:17:44

starseed

Square fonts in konqueror kde 3.2

Got a problem with konqueror in web browsing mode , certain pages (including bbs.archlinux.org) fonts are boxey , monospaced , almost unreadable ... while on other pages I get to enjoy the beautiful bitstream-vera-sans fonts in all there glory,while in certain cases they are mixed on a single page .. all fonts are normal elsewhere including in the kde menus, etc ... I set all the fonts in the configuration to the bitstream vera sans in both the konqueror settings and kde control center, I've even tried rm ~/.kde/ -R -f thinking that some setting got boinked along the way.. anyone else having these issues , this is with the latest pacman -S kde install

#2 2004-06-08 04:27:58

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Re: Square fonts in konqueror kde 3.2

Probably it depends on the web page styles? You could define a custom user stylesheet, perhaps (assuming konqueror supports such an option).

Dusty

#3 2004-06-08 05:18:47

starseed

Yes , it most certainly does have to do with stylesheets, but unfortinutly the options given to me are , use the default with the crummy fonts, specify one , or use custom acessability stylesheet which is almost what I want ... I guess my question is where can I find a stylesheet (.css i assume) .. as a shot in the dark I tried using /opt/mozilla-firefox/lib/mozilla-1.6/res/html.css .. no luck, fixed the fonts but the backgrounds were all white .. thanks

#4 2004-06-09 02:26:17

starseed

it's these little annoyances about arch that sort of bother me , that is the default setup a lot of the time is less than desirable ... not that I'm harping on arch or anything, I think it's the best package based distro around and far as speed goes (personally running on an older duron 900) .. I've opted to just use firefox it renders all the fonts correctly using its great "always use my fonts" option that kde should consider throwing in konqueror .. just some thoughts ..

#5 2004-06-09 05:38:24

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

I have had no luck getting things to look "right" in arch as far as fonts go..
I have just about given up on it for desktop use...
I do, however, think that it is perfect for my server needs. I love it on my servers!!
*does happy dance around his server room*

I will likely keep tinkering with the font issues when time allows...and keep using other distros on the desktop for now...thank goodness I have that choice.  8)

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer