You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-19 21:11:16

pedepy

new synaptics driver in repo broken ?

So, after running a pacman upgrade, I saw it downloaded a bunch of upgrades to xorg, fglrx drivers, as well as input drivers for mouse, keyboard, and the synaptics touchpad.

Now, I have uninstalled all of these because IMO the latest 8.42 fglrx driver is just not good enough for day to day use. But what bothers me is that the new synaptics driver pacman installed did not work at all, regardless of other configurations. I know how the older input drivers would not work under the new xorg server, but the thing is, even the new xorg server cant run the new synaptics driver.

When I do choose to upgrade to the new xorg server when fglrx is up to par, im worred ill loose my touchpad at that point. Doesnt anyone else experience problems with the latest synaptics package ?

(ps, the name of the package version, that ends to .999, suggests to me its beta quality software .. whats up with that?)

chupocabra ... psupsuspsu psu psu

#2 2007-11-19 21:37:18

peart

Re: new synaptics driver in repo broken ?

I did a full upgrade of my 64-bit installation of Arch today, and a month of non-use.  I got the new xorg and synaptics.  There is a message printed out when synaptics gets upgraded, something about changing your CorePointer in xorg.conf.  So I modified my xorg.conf as per the instructions and the touchpad works fine.

If you read /var/log/pacman.log, you should find the message I'm talking about.
Ciao,
peart

Board footer