You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-22 00:40:30

cymon

fglrx driver, latest xorg, dual display setup problems, only one shown

NOTICE: THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED!
aticonfig --dtop=horizontal --overlay-on=1 did the trick.

Running the latest Xorg and fglrx, from the stable rep. Everything installed with pacman. I have setup a dual monitor setup. I have inputted the correct data for both devices (the two RAMDAC's on the actual ATI Board, an X1800GTO). I want to have two separate displays, one at 1600 x 1200, one at 1280 x 1024, NOT something like Xinerama. However, X does not recognize the second RAMDAC, and displays the same 1600 x 1200 image, the first display, on both. I have entered the correct PCI ID for both cards under the relevant device section. All drivers are working, and 3d accel is enabled. However, the device at 1:00:1, the second part of my graphics board, is ignored, and 1:00:1 is used for both. According to Xorg.0.log, clone mode is now enabled, which is exactly what I don't want. I have attached relevant parts of the xorg.conf, the device section, at this pastebin link:

http://pastebin.com/f696c056

Thank you for your time. I have access to all additional log files if they are needed.

In addition, I have read all the arch-related Xorg FAQ's, which led me to the PCI ID idea, however, I am as of yet unsure, as I have not seen anything like this with a few quick google searches, though perhaps I am looking for the wrong thing.

Last edited by cymon (2007-11-22 16:07:54)

Board footer