You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-21 14:58:23

mico

A program for managing and organizing pictures

Here's the problem: I got a lot of pictures from camera and I'd like to organize them in a similar way as an old-school album does for printed pictures. I'd like to sort individual pictures with mouse-drag, not just sort all pictures by name or timestamp.
I can do that in Gqview's collections, but I want also to add some text to individual pictures so I can see my description at each thumbnail when browsing the collection.
I don't want to modify original jpg files.

This program has to be really easy to use after it is installed (I don't mind painful setup that's done only once). It has to support i18n too, because I need this for my mom and she is not too comfortable with English. Think something like gqview collections only with more features.Thanks!

#2 2007-11-21 15:03:33

stonecrest

Re: A program for managing and organizing pictures

fspot?

I am a gated community.

#3 2007-11-21 15:28:55

chicha

I agree :
f-spot is simple to use and well internationalized, it will be perfect for your mom

#4 2007-11-21 16:03:19

lilsirecho
Veteran

Picasa

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#5 2007-11-22 01:14:26

mico

Thanks for suggestions, I tried f-spot. It complains about dbus not running although it is running and I have to start it with "dbus-launch f-spot". On exit it segfaults. Maybe I need to configure dbus somehow, I'll try that tomorrow.

I'll try also Picasa although the "linux version" has some issues acocrding to the FAQ, like loosing exif data when downloading from camera using PTP. BTW, one really has to give credit to google guys for marketing skills... supplying modified windows binaries with wine and call it linux version big_smile

Board footer