You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-08 20:51:48

skoal
Website

different build options Icewm v1.13 and v1.14?

Were new build options turned on for IceWM v1.14, versus v1.13?

Namely, does the latest source have an "anti-aliasing" option you can build in?  I did not see an option in the `preferences' file to turn this off or on.

My eyes are about to shrivel into the size of a green pea from the squinting.  The anti-aliasing was not as apparent in v1.13 for me.  v1.14 really BLURS ALL images beyond belief.  In fact, I ditched Gnome because it's too damn blurry.  Now, my good friend IceWM has abandoned me as well.

Anyone know how to turn this anti-aliasing crap off?

#2 2004-06-08 21:30:07

skoal
Website

Re: different build options Icewm v1.13 and v1.14?

I've tried rebuilding IceWM v1.13 from source and get some funky error.  Is there a way to revert back to an older Arch package?  Namely, I want to put IceWM v1.13 back on my system.

thanks.

#3 2004-06-10 21:07:28

mcubednyc

Sorry, do you mean 1.2.13-1?  I have this in my pacman cache:
icewm-1.2.13-1.pkg.tar.gz

If that's what you want, I could send it to you.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - S. Jackson

#4 2004-06-12 08:56:06

skoal
Website

mcubednyc wrote:

Sorry, do you mean 1.2.13-1?...

I think so.  When I did "icewm --version" in the past, it would only give me 1.2.13, and I got it from Arch and not built from source.  I think I'm good for the moment with XFCE4 and won't be going back to ICEwm for the moment.  But, thanks for the reply.

I did a man on pacman and didn't see any way to pick an older version of an application.  I thought older versions were kept on the servers.  It would be nice if there were a way to retrieve older versions through pacman.  I would like to know how to do that for my own benefit for future packages, if possible.  I'll check some threads in this forum, but if you know how to do that, through pacman or know of an Arch ftp site that keeps older revisions, please let me know.

thanks.

#5 2004-06-12 18:42:00

mcubednyc

skoal wrote:

I think I'm good for the moment with XFCE4 and won't be going back to ICEwm for the moment.

Yes, I saw your enthusiastic (a little understatement there!) posts about XFCE4 after I replied ... I kinda figured you wouldn't be needing the ICEwm package.   big_smile

skoal wrote:

It would be nice if there were a way to retrieve older versions through pacman.  I would like to know how to do that for my own benefit for future packages, if possible.

I don't think there is, but I don't know for sure.  You might want to tar up your pacman cache before your clear it, in case you ever want to revert to an earlier package.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - S. Jackson

Board footer