You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-26 18:40:28

geek.arnuld
Website

"bmp2x" eats-up my hard-disk

i just finished the installation of Arch64 and installed Xorg,Windowmaker and vorbis-tools, listened to some songs and then i thought of installing the XMMS then i read about "bmpx" the successor of XMMS. so installed it. it needed "hal" to run so i started "dbus" and "hal" and then played "bmpx" and then it just ate-up my hard disk.

have you noticed how much the red LED on your cabinet glows when you create a filesystem or use "e2fsck" to check it. it uses whole disk and red LED glows in full intensity. same way that LED glows in full intensity when i start "bmpx" the red LED never stops glowing and as soon as i kill bmpx it stops. i don't have any problems like this with "audacious".

is it a "bmpx" bug ?

#2 2007-05-26 18:48:22

mitsoko
Banned

Re: "bmp2x" eats-up my hard-disk

are you sure it's not just scanning the drive to rebuild the db ? .. sounds normal to me...

#3 2007-11-27 02:15:41

theringmaster
Website

geek.arnuld wrote:

i just finished the installation of Arch64 and installed Xorg,Windowmaker and vorbis-tools, listened to some songs and then i thought of installing the XMMS then i read about "bmpx" the successor of XMMS. so installed it. it needed "hal" to run so i started "dbus" and "hal" and then played "bmpx" and then it just ate-up my hard disk.

have you noticed how much the red LED on your cabinet glows when you create a filesystem or use "e2fsck" to check it. it uses whole disk and red LED glows in full intensity. same way that LED glows in full intensity when i start "bmpx" the red LED never stops glowing and as soon as i kill bmpx it stops. i don't have any problems like this with "audacious".

is it a "bmpx" bug ?

just so ya know bmpx is the successor to bmp which is the gtk2 port of xmms. I learned that today.

Check me out on twitter!!! twitter.com/The_Ringmaster

#4 2007-11-27 04:29:34

smurnjiff

geek.arnuld wrote:

is it a "bmpx" bug ?

How did you install it, did you compile it yourself or did you download via pacman?  Bmpx works well for me, I don't know if it is because I compiled the i686 version or what.  Also, it didn't search for anything until I added a folder to the library.

Take a look at ~/.config/bmpx/logs

Board footer