You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-26 10:03:33

arstan
Website

Which softwares for audio composing, mixing

Hi,
I was about to create some random tracks for myself, I wanted to use some old classical songs and add some drums and hits...

So, who is using what softwares to do this?

Thanks!

#2 2007-11-27 02:39:06

peets
Website

Re: Which softwares for audio composing, mixing

Do you want to use midi or "real audio"? I haven't had any luck with this, but you might want to look at Rosegarden, Ardour, Muse, etc. Pay a visit to linux-sound.org.

From personnal taste, I beg you not to add drums and hits to classical songs, please! wink

If you find anything good for you, I'd like to know what you picked. I'd like to start recording some of my own songs soon.

Oh, and welcome to the Arch BBS!

#3 2007-11-27 03:05:57

arstan
Website

Thanks for your reply peets!
I am actually looking for sth simple, load a piece of track, cut here and cut there, add some beats and stuff, may be add my recorded voice also... so I guess I am not looking into MIDIs, am I?

Actually, the classics is from my place, kind of national songs and music, you know you never try you never know. May be it will be a hit tongue

I will definitely try the recommended stuff.

Anybody have tried anything like this?

#4 2007-11-27 03:16:57

skottish
Forum Fellow

Audacity is a very simple, multi-track editor/recorder. Bringing in audio through your sound card should be pretty easy to set up.

#5 2007-11-29 05:39:03

sm4tik
Website

I've had good experiences with Ardour. It's simple to use, can handle real time effects and can integrate with other software through jack. Audacity is irreplaceable in it's own category, but I use it only as a "one track editor". I have tried Rosegarden also, but I never got it fully working with my setup and Ardour meets my needs better than it.
So.. Audacity for audio editing (thou as said, it can handle multiple tracks also), Ardour for multi track recording and mixing, Rosegarden if you use midi instruments etc.

Last edited by sm4tik (2007-11-29 05:40:20)

#6 2007-11-29 08:08:42

Tristelune

Yesterday I had a look at the following article:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2007 … n+Overview

You should also read the comments on that article: other softwares are given. Perhaps it can helps you.

Board footer