You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-24 23:51:02

intimidat0r

Last edited by intimidat0r (2020-10-14 00:13:14)

#2 2007-11-30 19:32:02

fflarex

Re: .

I've never done it myself, so I'm only of limited help here, but a search for "xinerama" might turn up some useful info.

#3 2007-12-02 07:17:57

Leigh

Re: .

I switch between fluxbox and kdemod with a multimonitor setup. I always prefer setting up the screens independent from each other verses xinerama. The downside is that you can't drag windows from one screen to the other. but it's still real convenient as long as you know what app you want opened on which monitor. you can look at my xorg.conf file in the wiki

http://files.myopera.com/allisonleigh/l … /xorg.conf

it's a little dated but I haven't changed anything since I posted it. I have two dell wide screen monitors and one nec mutisync crt monitor. I had some trouble with the nec crt monitor, which is why I have so many modelines listed for that monitor. I just let xorg choose the mode line it likes best for the resolution I have set. Anyway the whole trick was getting xorg.conf configured. It took a lot of tweaking and looking at the xorg log file in /var/log for errors and warnings.

kde was no trouble, but I think I had to fiddle with the .fluxbox/init file to get all three screens to show up correctly.

edit..
I remember having a lot of trouble when two monitors were connected to one twinview graphics card. It worked great with xinerama but not for independent screens. That's why I added the Gforce4 card, so each monitor was connected to ist's own graphics card which solved my problems with independent screens.

Last edited by Leigh (2007-12-02 07:40:25)

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

Board footer