You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-01 13:57:07

firewalker

KDM, Xserver and terminal question [solved]

When KDM has started, can I "send" from a terminal a program to the running X server?

Explanation...

KDM has started and it waits for someone to login. I press Ctrl + Alt + F1 for terminal login (vt1). I am loging in as root. I give the X command and  it returns Server is already active for display 0. If I give the command DISPLAY=:0.0 xclock or DISPLAY=:0.0 xterm or something it returns [/b]unable to open display 0.0[/b] and nothing shows up on X on (vt7). With what uid kdm starts? Isn't the same as the roots one? Can the above action achieved? How should I start a program in order to show up in X that have started through kdm? 

I want to send some key-strokes from my remote control through lircd and the help of xte. But xte returns "unable to open display" even with the option -x localhost:0.0 enabled. Actually I want to place a script with the commands needed to the daemon section of rc.conf after kdm.

Last edited by firewalker (2007-12-03 15:47:54)

Γίνε ρεαλιστής, μείνε ονειροπόλος ...

#2 2007-12-03 15:47:30

firewalker

Re: KDM, Xserver and terminal question [solved]

I found it. If we want a program to access Xserver before the login (at the login screen) the program have to be started through KDM. For this we can use the file /opt/kde/share/config/kdm/Xsetup. We pute the program to this file and everything is ok.

Γίνε ρεαλιστής, μείνε ονειροπόλος ...

Board footer