You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-27 18:46:49

WernerL

gnome freeze after screensaver shows up

Hello,

Yesterday I came up with the idea to use gnome again insteed of kde. :-) It works very well... except one thing.
I didn't install gnome-screensaver but for some reason I get a screensaver after a while. And than I can't to anything anymore. Can't restart X with ctrl - alt - backspace so I have to turn my computer off and turn it back on. So I decided to install gnome-screensaver and choose a nice one. After a while, when my screensaver came up I still got the old one (some stupid thing with colored lines. And guess what? It froze* again.

*hope I say this right, English isn't my foreign language. :')

But do someone have any idea what the fuck is going on with my computer? tongue THis is a very annoying problem. sad

#2 2007-12-04 20:12:16

frankifol

Re: gnome freeze after screensaver shows up

Maybe I'm experiencing something similar. I use to shut down the monitor when I'm not at the pc and it's downloading something. After some time, when I switch on the monitor, everything it's freezed. I can move the mouse pointer but anything else. After some time it starts to work again and all the things I tried to do when the pc was freezed happens all together. In other cases it remain freezed and the only thing I can do is switch off or reset the pc.
Now I'm trying to let the monitor switched on to see what happens with the screensaver.

edit:I left the monitor on and I have had a freeze. I think it's the screensaver.

Last edited by frankifol (2007-12-04 21:17:24)

Board footer