You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-05 06:32:07

AlmaMater

Question about hwmon; knowing which Temp correspond to CPU or Mobo??

Hi all, well my problem is this:

I want to monitor my CPU temp

I have a Athlon X2

So reading here in the forums, i read how to use conky and hwmon to display the temps. So far so good, BUT in: /sys/bus/pci/drivers/k8temp/

i get 2 readings, temp1_input and temp3_input, so since im a noob, i realized that temp1_input was always hotter than temp3, so i said: ok, thats the CPU temp and the other its the motherboard, BUT when i start to do demanding things on my PC, the supossed MB temp get olmost as hot as the supossed CPU temp

So now i dont know if each reading correspond to a core, and temp1 + temp3 equals to my total CPU temps, but the readings of the temps in the BIOS shows that the temp is actually like temp1_input (like 32 ºC),  so that make me wonder that maybe my MB gets hot as the CPU which i find it weird (right now temp3_input shows 26ºC

So my question is, how can i know for sure to which component those temps correspond??

Anyway that i can provide more info please tell me how

And thanks in advance for any help :]
-----------------------------------------------------------

using Ksensors, it shows that temp1 correspond to core0 and temp3 to core1,  so that means my CPU is at olmost 60ºC :S??
its a brand new X2 5600+ whit artic silver and a good cooler (nothing fancy but still)

Last edited by AlmaMater (2007-12-05 06:44:29)

#2 2007-12-05 10:52:36

byte

Re: Question about hwmon; knowing which Temp correspond to CPU or Mobo??

I wouldn't care about it If each core stays below 45-50°C.
And you'll never get exactly the same readings for both cores as it's very unlikely with today's software that both will be used uniformly.

Board footer