You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-11 08:10:41

matto
Website

xfce4 ->problem with fonts again... (especially k3b)

hi,
i did a base install from the arch widget iso 0.6 and used pacman to
install everything i need. i use xfce4.
after installing licq i noticed the same font problem writen sevarel times in this forum (big  font with large spaces) but in the options of licq i could change these fonts, now it looks ok.
later i installed k3b because i was told that k3b is the easiest burner tool linux has to offer.
again this font problem (2nd time) but this time there was no font option in k3b settings/otion/menu .......
i read the "crummy fonts in kde" thread and followed all the tips... no results, fonts changed here and there but NOT in k3b!!!
in another thread in this forum someone postet a screenshot of his k3b...
my k3b looks 100% the same :-/
but as i can remember the problem was not solved.
what i want is to change this font or another good and easy burning tool :-)
thanks for every help!
greeting matto

// DAMNiAM //

#2 2004-06-11 11:04:35

dpb

Re: xfce4 ->problem with fonts again... (especially k3b)

Look at http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=4975&start=28. There's a fix to the spacing problem.

#3 2004-06-11 11:52:08

Zym0tiC
Website

matto wrote:

hi,
i did a base install from the arch widget iso 0.6 and used pacman to
install everything i need. i use xfce4.
after installing licq i noticed the same font problem writen sevarel times in this forum (big  font with large spaces) but in the options of licq i could change these fonts, now it looks ok.
later i installed k3b because i was told that k3b is the easiest burner tool linux has to offer.
again this font problem (2nd time) but this time there was no font option in k3b settings/otion/menu .......
i read the "crummy fonts in kde" thread and followed all the tips... no results, fonts changed here and there but NOT in k3b!!!
in another thread in this forum someone postet a screenshot of his k3b...
my k3b looks 100% the same :-/
but as i can remember the problem was not solved.
what i want is to change this font or another good and easy burning tool :-)
thanks for every help!
greeting matto

you can also change the font in ~/.kderc buth you have to install some kde packages for that dunno which one

#4 2004-06-12 08:32:05

skoal
Website

matto wrote:

...i noticed the same font problem writen sevarel times in this forum (big  font with large spaces) but in the options of licq i could change these fonts, now it looks ok.
again this font problem (2nd time)...

Check out this thread for help with XFCE4 fonts:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=5021

just read past the beer talk toward the bottom.

In my experience, large fonts have to do with improper DPI settings.  The best match is to find out what your resolution is, and then set your DPI to the horizontal DPI setting, as shown below (for mine):

xdpyinfo | grep resolution
  resolution:    87x90 dots per inch

I set my DPI to 87 (the horizontal) and all is proportional.  You can also adjust the DPI settings to make the screen to the proper 4:3 aspect ratio.  For some reason, the NVIDIA driver kinda fubars it a bit, and I have to manually adjust it with certain resolutions.  I discuss how to compute those numbers in that thread as well.

Board footer