You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-13 07:14:17

serrano

How to propose an upgrade for a core, extra, or community package

Hello there,

excuse this silly question, I have not been able to find the answser yet in the ARCH documentation.

How should I proceed for proposing an up to date version of a package?

I'm the developper of the Bigloo Scheme compiler. The ARCH package (in the extra repositoy) for that compiler is pretty old. I would like  to contribute with a new version of that package. I have contacted the maintainer of the package but he does answered my mails. How should I proceed now?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

--
Manuel

#2 2007-12-13 07:50:21

nesrecar

Re: How to propose an upgrade for a core, extra, or community package

serrano wrote:

Hello there,

excuse this silly question, I have not been able to find the answser yet in the ARCH documentation.

How should I proceed for proposing an up to date version of a package?

I'm the developper of the Bigloo Scheme compiler. The ARCH package (in the extra repositoy) for that compiler is pretty old. I would like  to contribute with a new version of that package. I have contacted the maintainer of the package but he does answered my mails. How should I proceed now?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

--
Manuel

I think you mean he didn't answer. Best steps would be these:

1) Wait a bit for an answer
2) Create your up to date package
3) Contact a trusted user (mailing list) to get the ownership of the package if the owner does not maintain it anymore.

Public Key 0x24685E35 available from any key server you trust.

IRC: ssimon/Nesrecar

#3 2007-12-13 08:00:32

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

For core and extra, flag the package out of date in the web interface...
If you don't get a reply or see any action after a reasonable amount of time, then send an email to the arch-public mailing list inquiring about the status of the package, and possibly offering any patches/modifications to bring it up to date.

for community packages, mephisto outlined the appropriate course of action (trusted users are for the community repository)

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2007-12-13 14:56:58

serrano

Thank you both for your answers. I will proceed as suggested.

Cheers,

--
Manuel

Board footer