You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-13 22:04:07

Demind

Pacman doesn't find openoffice, deluge ecc.

Hi i have a problem with pacman, i've used Arch since June and i've never had this problem before. I'm running Arch64  now and if i try to download openoffice (for example) or other stuff like deluge,libraries ecc that I KNOW are in the repos (core and Extra) pacman says that it can't find the package i'm searching,that's so weird...a simple pacman -Syu doesn't return any error so i don't understand what's wrong with it...any clue?
Thanks

#2 2007-12-13 22:18:47

shining
Pacman Developer

Re: Pacman doesn't find openoffice, deluge ecc.

Hm, not sure in which order to check things, but:
1) double check your pacman.conf (maybe paste it here just in case), as well as the mirror lists
2) have a look in /var/lib/pacman/extra/deluge* directory for example, and check the files inside this dir. you should have depends and desc, both text files containing informations about the package
3) if the two first steps didn't give anything, try using pacman --debug flag, see if it contains any useful information. If you are not sure, paste it here.

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

#3 2007-12-13 22:43:40

Demind

shining wrote:

Hm, not sure in which order to check things, but:
1) double check your pacman.conf (maybe paste it here just in case), as well as the mirror lists

Everything is ok

shining wrote:

2) have a look in /var/lib/pacman/extra/deluge* directory for example, and check the files inside this dir. you should have depends and desc, both text files containing informations about the package

ok, remaining in deluge example i have both of them , depends and desc, and everything it's alright but i've noticed a weird thing, in the EXTRA dir i have package only to the F letter, for example i don't have any packet after fortune-teller (or a stuff like that) , so it's obvious that i can't see pacman!!!
How can i fix this? It isn't normal isn't it?

=shining3) if the two first steps didn't give anything, try using pacman --debug flag, see if it contains any useful information. If you are not sure, paste it here.

pacman --debug doesn't return anything...it seems a wrong flag unrecognized by pacman...are you sure about it?

Thanks

#4 2007-12-13 23:26:42

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

try a

pacman --debug -Syy
pacman --debug -Ss openoffice

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#5 2007-12-13 23:31:49

Demind

cactus wrote:

try a

pacman --debug -Syy
pacman --debug -Ss openoffice

I don't know why but everything went ok when i tried :

pacman --sync --refresh

Before i believed that a pacman -Sy were the same thing but now i'm a bit confused!

Thanks again

#6 2007-12-14 07:40:32

shining
Pacman Developer

Demind wrote:

I don't know why but everything went ok when i tried :

pacman --sync --refresh

Before i believed that a pacman -Sy were the same thing but now i'm a bit confused!

It's exactly the same. Your mirror could have been broken when you were trying -Sy, and worked when you tried --sync --refresh.

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

Board footer