You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-15 01:23:08

Eschatokyrios

Can't install KDE or GNOME from pacman

When I try to install KDE or GNOME from pacman, the system downloads most or all of the files, from what I can see, and then returns a bunch of errors of the form "gcc-libs: /usr/lib/libssp.so exists in filesystem". I'd post the entirety of the messages, but I can't figure out how to pipe output from pacman without making it impossible to enter "yes" at the install prompt. This problem occurs with both kde and gnome, and from what I can tell it looks like basically the same set of errors with either one.

#2 2007-12-15 01:31:51

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: Can't install KDE or GNOME from pacman

Most of the time, install errors report  "exists in filesystem" this means you have them in cache.  You can clear the cache or use the "f" force command in pacman.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#3 2007-12-15 01:34:08

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Can't install KDE or GNOME from pacman

What does "pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libssp.so" say?  It should say gcc-libs and not gcc.  I'm guessing you have just installed.  Have you done a "pacman -Syu"?  The gcc package was split into gcc and gcc-libs.

In fact it looks remarkably similar to this" http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=37690   smile

Board footer