You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-20 02:26:04

krazybastid

Hal Mounting problems threw System:/Media Folder Kde

my DVDROM and DVDRW and floppy drives are all accessible threw commandline but that hal stuff in system:/media folder I can't mount my stuff with that. I covered the wiki there was little documentation on it. Does anyone know the right way to configure hal or is it necessary can't I just delete the links to the devices in the system media folder and just make shell script links to link to my devices. What's the solution or is HAL necessary?

#2 2007-12-21 02:26:29

sebleblanc

Re: Hal Mounting problems threw System:/Media Folder Kde

Please try to explain your problem a little more.

Thank you.

#3 2007-12-21 18:18:48

krazybastid

Re: Hal Mounting problems threw System:/Media Folder Kde

SOLVED SORRY ABOUT THAT:  Hal has to be listen as a daemon in /etc/rc.conf. To restart hal daemon without restarting your computer goto shell prompt and be as root </etc/rc.d/hal restart> and that should fix the problem. All your devices should be listen in fstab in /media folder not /mnt. Makes me wonder why /mnt is even necessary. Just do everything /media folder and you could delete mount if you wanted to. My   fstab looks like this:

none                   /dev/pts      devpts    defaults            0      0
none                   /dev/shm      tmpfs     defaults            0      0

/dev/sda2 / ext3 defaults 0 1
/dev/sda3 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/sr0  /media/dvdrom    udf,iso9660     defaults,noauto,users,unhide    0   0
/dev/sr1  /media/dvdrw     udf,iso9660     defaults,noauto,users,unhide    0   0
/dev/fd0  /media/floppy    vfat            defaults,noauto,users,unhide    0   0
/dev/sdb1 /media/windows   ntfs-3g         defaults,auto,users             0   0

Problem Solved

Board footer