You are not logged in.

#26 2007-11-26 23:16:33

kensai
Website

Re: Some Ext3 Fileystem Tips

I followed this in the Gentoo forums way back, and is good to have it here as well. I have since switched to jfs, but I'm longing to go back to ext3 for some time now. Thanks for making this accessible to the Arch community as well. I'll make sure this gets noted on the Arch Linux newsletter.

EDIT: I'm not going back to ext3, I love JFS too much. big_smile

Last edited by kensai (2007-11-30 15:42:55)

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#27 2007-12-21 04:34:25

Leigh

Thanks for these tips. I've always used ext3 for the everything except for my boot partition I use ext2. I used all the tips even though I was a bit leary to Enable Full Journaling. I'm trying it though and all seems fine.

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

#28 2007-12-21 19:07:44

schivmeister
Developer/TU
Website

TheGrudge wrote:
/dev/hda5              /             ext3      defaults            0      1
/dev/hda1              /boot         ext3      defaults            0      2
/dev/hda6              /home         ext3      defaults            0      2
/dev/hda7              /mnt/data     ext3      defaults            0      2

I just want to make sure of something I've been wondering about, so forgive me if I'm wrong. Doesn't pass warrant sequencial numbering for partitions on the same device? In this case, 2 for 3 of them is the same as 0, no? Also, if a forced check were to occur, would it be a problem if there isn't sequencial numbering for the non-root partitions (like something above)? I had an issue with 1 for root partition, & 0 for the rest, then initramfs couldn't create/mount rootfs because I recovered from a crash and all partitions needed to be checked.

I need real, proper pen and paper for this.

Board footer