You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-15 14:41:24

Jessehk

Getting an Older iPod to Mount and Unmount Properly

I'm a big fan of Arch, but the one thing that has kept me switching back and forth to Ubuntu is the iPod support that it has with Amarok.
It recognizes everything and when I click "disconnect" it actually disconnects with no errors and works as expected.

Despite my best efforts, I've never been able to get my iPod working on Arch. I've followed wiki articles, searched the forums, etc: nothing has worked. As a result, I'm now (rather unhappily) on Ubuntu.

Does anyone know of any tips (or anything that could be added to the wiki) to get iPods recognized and handled correctly?

Last edited by Jessehk (2007-12-15 15:04:03)

#2 2007-12-23 10:24:55

Aaron
Website

Re: Getting an Older iPod to Mount and Unmount Properly

Have you tried gtkPod?
http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

#3 2007-12-23 15:56:05

fwojciec

Re: Getting an Older iPod to Mount and Unmount Properly

Jessehk wrote:

I'm a big fan of Arch, but the one thing that has kept me switching back and forth to Ubuntu is the iPod support that it has with Amarok.
It recognizes everything and when I click "disconnect" it actually disconnects with no errors and works as expected.

Despite my best efforts, I've never been able to get my iPod working on Arch. I've followed wiki articles, searched the forums, etc: nothing has worked. As a result, I'm now (rather unhappily) on Ubuntu.

Does anyone know of any tips (or anything that could be added to the wiki) to get iPods recognized and handled correctly?

What happens exactly when you connect your ipod?  is it a fat formated ipod?  does it not mount at all or is it just taking forever to mount (mine would sometimes take 5 minutes)?  if it's just taking forever then there should be a solution to this...

Board footer