You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-24 12:04:17

chimaera_felon

My first wiki page. Could someone proof it please?

Hey guys,

I've just written my first wiki page. It explains a simple process of building packages without pacman stripping the infopages. I couldn't find any information of this sort so I though I'd write some (hope this is the case and I haven't just repeated someone else's work? smile). Anyway I was hoping a few of you might look it over for me. The instructions should work fine, I tested them a couple of times, but I am quite new at this and you never know!

Also perhaps there is a better way to do what I've done, if anyone knows perhaps they could edit the page accordingly or let me know and I will do so.
Any other Wiki related advice and tips would also be appreciated.
Thanks for reading.
smile

#2 2007-12-24 12:16:42

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: My first wiki page. Could someone proof it please?

Can you give us a link?  That would be useful....

#3 2007-12-24 13:08:01

Doehni

#4 2007-12-24 13:31:24

Allan
Pacman
Website

I was just being too lazy to search for it....  A couple of minor comments:

1) would you not be better to add "options=('docs')" to the PKGBUILD rather that changing global settings?
2) It is makepkg that deletes the docs, not pacman.

#5 2007-12-24 16:35:03

chimaera_felon

Sorry about the missing link. Thanks for providing it Doehni smile

Allan: I wasn't aware of this feature. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to change the howto to incorporate this information. Using Options in pkgbuild would certainly be a better way for anyone wanting docs for only a few of their packages. In fact that's what I'll use in the future! It would also make sense to leave in the current info as a way for those people who would like all docs placed on their system.

As for my inaccurate information about pacman. Thanks for again, for pointing that out. That was just careless writing on my part.

Board footer