You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-27 17:50:55

tch

I need a little help with xmonad and stuff

Hi all. I recently changed from fluxbox to xmonad, and I find it fantastic. I have some minor? problems.
In fluxbox I was using xterm as a terminal emulator, but I couldnt use irssi with it, the Alt + w/e keys weren't working. They worked however in aterm and urxvt but those two support only 16 colors, and I wish to use 256 colors, mainly because of my vim color scheme. Is there a solution to be able to run both irssi and vim from the same terminal, or should I run different terminals for them?
Also where can I read up on setting my .Xdefaults and xmonad.hs file? I ripped someones from this forum, and it works nice, but I want to make my onw, but cant find any decent documentation. Thanks.

edit:
I found the solution to using the Alt key in xterm. I had to add theese two lines in my .Xdefaults

XTerm*eightBitInput:   false
XTerm*metaSendsEscape: true

Last edited by tch (2007-12-28 11:00:33)

#2 2007-12-29 11:01:52

buttons

Re: I need a little help with xmonad and stuff

Also where can I read up on setting my .Xdefaults and xmonad.hs file? I ripped someones from this forum, and it works nice, but I want to make my onw, but cant find any decent documentation. Thanks.

At the moment, the best source for configs are those posted in the screenshots thread (for both Xdefaults and xmonad.hs), the xmonad config archive (and the available docs from the root page on that site), and our own thread.  Unfortunately you'll have to sort of scrounge for good docs on the xmonad.hs at the moment, since most of the information was written for the 0.4 version of xmonad.  The configuration has since been made MUCH simpler.

Hope that helps some.

Cthulhu For President!

Board footer