You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-29 10:26:53

Leigh

fluxbox - Opera hates new cursor.

Hi everyone. I'm having a very minor flubox problem that's kind of irritating. Even so, I really like fluxbox and am about to ditch kde.

It's just a little annoyance with the default xcursor and Opera.
Because I kept loosing track of that little black buggy default xcursor I finally decided it just has to go! I found a very awsome xcursor theme called PolarCursorTheme-Blue, very awsome, attractive, and practical (I'm always loosing my dang reading glasses!) Anyway, I created a /home/.icons directory and after extracting the theme, I put it there. I renamed it polar and edited the index.theme file to reflect the name polar. The three lines in the file read... Name=polar, Comment=A smooth white cursor theme, Example=left_ptr. Then I copied the polar theme to /usr/share/icons. Then I created a new dir /usr/share/icons/defaults and copied the polar cursors dir and index.theme there as well. Then In the defaults dir, I edited the index.theme so it has only two lines...[Icon Theme], Inherits=polar. Then I added "Xcursor.theme: polar" without the "" to my .Xdefaults file. I rebooted and everything is cool! except Opera is being totally stubborn and just won't let go of the buggy little black default cursor. All other apps, and X in general, is totally fine with the new cursor.  I decided to see if it worked with kde, and Opera uses the new cursor just fine in kde. It's just in fluxbox that opera is being stubborn. Is there something I'm missing?

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

#2 2007-12-29 11:03:53

Leigh

Re: fluxbox - Opera hates new cursor.

Fixed.

Ugh! It dawned on me I'm running Opera from a chroot. Duh! I Just had to update chroot /usr/share/icons directory.

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

Board footer